SRS About a friend in need

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ldaggerl, Mar 8, 2010.

1. ldaggerl

ldaggerl New Member

My friend has a kid who I believe i now 8 and he is 24. Yes very young and on top of that she is disabled. Not retarded but slow. It takes her time to learn things but I know for a fact she ain't stupid. He also has a g/f who he's been with for about 5 years. I find her to be more bitch than anything else, I don't say anything or do anything to piss her off (much) because I know it will just end up with him having to deal with it. Now she just got diagnosed with MS (multiple sclerosis). Now half her body is numb and her back hurts her. What should he do? I'm very serious. I know that he may love her but he's only 24 and really doesn't need to deal with this for the rest of his life (or hers how ever you may look at it). Is there anything I can do because not only is she bitchy to him she is lazy, VERY LAZY. She calls him downstairs to ask him something, tells him he CAN'T use her car even though its his name on it, tells him what he can and can't do day in and day out. I know he loves her and thats all grand and everything but I don't and as that I can say I have a more neutral (ok maybe not nuetral but closer) stand point than he does. Is there anything I can do or say to him. I haven't asked him about any of this yet as he hasn't brought it up but from a few jokes we've made he knows for sure I'd "jump ship" if I was him. I just don't want to see him being with her for 20 years waiting on her none stop because of this shit.

2. teo

teo . => ? => !

You can't really force anything to happen. Your friend has to see there's a problem and want to do something about it. Your best bet is to bring up points that are completely objective... and that's going to be really hard to do now that he knows you're prejudiced against her (no matter whether it's deserved or not).

3. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

So how long have you been in love with your friend?

4. ldaggerl

ldaggerl New Member

11 years. BTW I'm a guy and this is my best friend. I'm 22 right now so over half my life I've known him. I don't love him but sure as hell want him to be happy.

5. 7960

7960 New Member

and you think you know better than him what's going to make him happy?

6. ldaggerl

ldaggerl New Member

No not better but I know what wouldn't make anyone happy. I also know that love does stupid shit to you, I found that one out the hard way.

7. 7960

7960 New Member

oh, so you were in a shitty relationship and did stupid things, and now you're projecting that onto your friend and his relationship?

why not just be friends with the guy and leave what's between him and his woman between them?

8. ldaggerl

ldaggerl New Member

You know your probably right, I mean if he's going to jump off a bridge I should probably just let him be because well after all its his life. I just don't get how you can sit back and watch. I did have a shitty relationship and did stupid stupid shit. I'm not projecting it onto him. I haven't even talked to him about it, I never even mentioned what he should do. I came on here asking if I should do something. I see the path he's going down and while I've never taken it I can see where its leading. Some believe I'm just cold and emotionless at times, while I disagree I can see where it come from. I just see it as more logical. He has enough of his own shit to deal with. I'm just asking if there is anything I can do for him.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  9. 7960

7960 New Member

ask him if he's happy. if he says yes, then no, there's nothing you can do. and if he says yes and you still try to convince him he's not happy, start looking for a new friend.

10. ldaggerl

ldaggerl New Member

I guess thats really the only thing to do....

11. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

oh sorry I thought you were a chic :o but seriously if he's happy there's nothing you can really do :dunno: