abortion?

Discussion in 'Archives' started by -=Likwid=-, Dec 13, 2001.

1. -=Likwid=-

-=Likwid=-

say if you and your girl did almost everything to have safe sex (except abstinence :rolleyes: ) and she still got pregnant. Now say if she got an abortion... would you guys feel guilty/bad/mixed/dunno/don't give a fuck?

btw this is HYPOTHETICAL... i dinnit get no ladies pregnant yet... :eek:

2. kwEeNie2891

kwEeNie2891 Guest

abortion is murder

3. everyone has their own feelings on this.

i personally think abortion can be the most responsible thing. If neither of you are responsible enough to have a baby then it's the best. IF you have no idea what you want to do in life, and no way to support yourself your not gonna have a great chance of succeeding in having a baby. Kids should not have kids, however. If i have a baby, and my girlfriend decides she wants to keep it, i'll be there 100% to support her.

adoption is another way to go, but i personally won't put a child up for adoption

4. kwEeNie2891

kwEeNie2891 Guest

so you would rather kill it then putting it up for adoption......hmm

5. your not gonna win your argument here w/ me. It's murder to bring a child into the world if you can't support it. It's murder to not be able to give your child the best life you possibly could.

don't bother arguing w/ me little girl, you won't win on this issue. I've been there, done that....was the most responsible choice at the moment. Now, if i got my current girlfriend pregnant. I'd support HER decision, and if she wanted to keep it, which she would...i'd be there.

do you have any idea what it's like to care for a child, do you have any idea the costs? Try taking a newborn baby for a week and see if you don't absolutely loose your mind. Do you hagve the 200,000$ to get that kid to age 10? Nope. Sure you could manage somehow, but are you ready to struggle? Or would you rather wait a few years, to graduate from college, get a steady income and then have a baby?

i agree w/ the thoughts that, if your responsible enough to have sex; your should be responsible enough to have a child. But in alot of situations, the responsible thing would be best not to have the child.

6. Inconspicuous

Inconspicuous Resident LT1 Guru

Wow. A very intelligent post showing your unmatched maturity level. :mad: :mad: :fawk:

Abortion is legal, and has been legal for many years. Murder is not legal. See where I'm going with this? A fetus is not truly alive until around the third trimester of pregnancy, and I believe third trimester abortions are illegal. Do YOU want to take care of all the unwanted children of the world if abortion was outlawed? Didn't think so.

Which would you rather have? An unwanted child born into a terrible background of unprepared parents, or a planned child born into a family of two caring parents who are financially and mentally prepared for a lifetime of caring for and nurturing a child?

There you go. :fawk:

Anyway, on to the actual question at hand. I think it all basically comes down to the female's decision. We males don't have much of a say in it after that pregnancy test comes back positive.

Think about it this way. The guy may want her to have an abortion, but he certainly can't force her to go to the abortion clinic. So, she refuses to abort and has the kid. The guy is then locked into paying for the kid until it is 18. It's a lose/lose situation for the guy unless he can somehow convince the woman to have an abortion. This is of course assuming the guy doesn't want the child.

I really don't think adoption is an option for me. I wouldn't want to live the rest of my life knowing that I have a child somewhere out in the world who is possibly being abused by their "father" or anything else like that.

7. i completely agree w/ every SINGLE thing you have just said....oh man thats scary :big grin: :bigthumb:

8. kwEeNie2891

kwEeNie2891 Guest

people have to take responsibilities for their actions... and abortion is just an easy way out.

9. this topic always brings out the worst in people - i personally think it depends on the circumstances. for example if i got knocked up by a guy i was sleeping with and really had no connection or desire to see him again - yes i would concider abortion only if the morning after pill wasnt available or something to that extent. if my lover and i created a child one night while making sweet love and we where both financially stable (not generally secure) and i knew he was a person i could raise a child with - yes i would have his baby and raise it. same thing but he and i werent ready to have the child due to - immaturity maybe - i think i would look into having an abortion but would probably tell him to shape up or ship out.

now what i did - adted a guy for a few years got knocked up - decided i wanted the baby and told him you have 2 choices - be a daddy or be a source of income - granted hes neither but damn i have an awesome daughter and i raise her just fine by myself - i refuse to be a statistic!!!!!!!!!

just my $.02

10. that right there is complete ignorance. Did you not read anything i or the other person just said?

you don't have to agree w/ abortion. But don't be ignorant and say it's the easy way out. Cause it's not at all. Personally i think adoption is the easy way out. Cause i'm still traumatised from my situation, even though i know it was the most responsible.

speak your own words, not what you hear

11. congratulations, i'm really glad everything worked out for you. And i would of taken the same approach you would of if i was a girl.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Abortion is NOT an easy way out. If you think that, you have a lot to learn. This is truly an issue that nobody should talk about unless they have firsthand experience dealing with the situation, because in the space of 20 minutes, from the time you pick your pregnancy test up at the drugstore until the time that it reads negative or positive, your entire life changes.

Kweenie, if you feel that abortion is murder and you're really sure you'll always feel that way, I'd suggest that you maintain that virginity for as long as you possibly can... Because the only way you'll never have to make that decision is by not having sex in the first place.

13. it hasnt always worked out - i have real good parents and i have worked hard to make sure she has everything she could ever need let alone want - but let me tell you nights like last night when she has an asthma attack at 4 am and i am alone - i wish i had help - but other than that - its really not that hard to raise a child if you have atleast 3 ounces of maturity

14. JSHTROD

JSHTROD New Member

To kill... there has to be life.

You might argue, that it's life at the moment of conception. That is, when the egg is fertalized.

That would make every sexually active woman on earth a MASS MURDERER.

Why?

Because a woman will release fertalized egg(s) every month during her cycle.

The best advice?

Be a parent when you're ready to be one. The shittiest parents on earth are those who resent their children and the choices they made.

15. kwEeNie2891

kwEeNie2891 Guest

well thats my opinion... it may be ignorant, stubborn and not have 5 paragraphs of reasoning behind it.. but nothing anyone could ever say would change it or even make me have a lil sympathy for the people who commit MURDER like this. We shouldn't have the power to decide who dies and who lives cuz we're not God.

16. JSHTROD

JSHTROD New Member

So I guess you're out protesting our action against Osama?

It's not nice to go out preaching murder when you don't even know the facts.

17. kwEeNie2891

kwEeNie2891 Guest

What happened on September 11th and whats happening now as retaliation to those events has got nuthin to do with wut we're talking about now... dont try to twist my words like that to win an argument

18. it's your opinion, and it's respected.

19. JSHTROD

JSHTROD New Member

So I see. Killing isn't murder. It's only murder when you judge it to be so.

My point is, that like life, NOTHING is black and white.

20. JimboJones

JimboJones Guest

Our actions against Osama would be completely unnecessary if he or someone high in his organization would turn him in, but they won't give him up and the United States has had to resort to the worst possible manhunt to try to find this mass murderer. Not really the same as abortion, IMO.

21. JimboJones

JimboJones Guest

I don't personally know about the women you go out with, but unless they are asexual they are not producing fertilized eggs. To be a fertilized egg, it needs to have a sperm get in there. They don't just come out that way.

22. Guest

Guest Guest

Your short-sighted tunnel vision is a result of your limited years. I felt the same way as you when I was your age.

It's very easy to persecute others. It's harder to look objectively at yourself and say, "well, damnit, I must be destined for hell." That's why nobody should really talk about this unless they know what they're talking about. You don't... I hope you never do. :sad2:

23. JSHTROD

JSHTROD New Member

First off, everybody is entitled to your own opinion. No matter how crazy it is.

Now... Let me clarify my point.

Queenie stated that it wasn't our right to take life. That we as humans aren't supposed to decide who lives and dies.

I don't buy into that line of thinking.

And as support, I draw another analogy to us taking life. One that is easily supportable. And that is the life of Osama. Not those around him. As Osama is the target.

But few would argue that he doesn't DESERVE to die. And would be happy that he was brought to justice.

Yet, the decision to take life or not is still being made by man. The decision of LIFE is the same. Although the circumstances are different.

Which brings me to my second point. Nothing is 'black and white'. Circumstances change everything. So even if you beleive that Abortion is wrong, it doesn't always equal murder. Again, my point about a woman shedding her lining/eggs every month.

Sorry for the really long post.

;)

24. JSHTROD

JSHTROD New Member

LOL! You're right. The woman has to be sexually active. When I said 'released' read 'expelled from her body with her monthy flow'.

25. JimboJones

JimboJones Guest

I don't know about your personal experiences, but it seems to me that calling adoption the "easy way out" is pretty ignorant as well. IMO, there are no easy ways out of an unwanted pregnancy. Abortion is a difficult decision and so is adoption. I think with adoption it only becomes a more difficult decision as the 9 months progress. I can only imagine the extreme emotions involved in a mother giving her living child up for adoption. At least with abortion you don't have it in your arms and/or you haven't spent the last nine months with it 24 hours a day 7 days a week. I think abortion is appropriate under certain extreme circumstances, but I also think there is way to much sexual promiscuity going on in the world today. That's just my $0.02.