SRS Abortion or not? I need help now!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Socrates, May 29, 2007.

1. Socrates

Socrates New Member

After my girlfriend and I were together for 3 months, we found out she was 2 months pregnant.

Now we have been together for almost 5 months. She is 12 weeks along, going on 13.

I don't see myself being with this girl for very long.

We have the chance right now to have an abortion this friday.

I'm not sure if I can do it. She doesn't really want to, but she will.

I'll read this again when I get home from work....

2. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

oh shit. how much are you going to regret having the abortion vs. having the baby? how old are you? can you financially support a child right now? are you in a place emotionally where you can raise a child? do you think you can both handle the long-term effects of an abortion?

3. YourMomOnRyeBun

YourMomOnRyeBun New Member

What are your moral beliefs about abortion? What are her beliefs? Have you (both of you) considered having the baby and giving it up for adoption?

We need your ages...that would help.

Can you deal with the guilt of an abortion?
    On the other hand...and you two really in a position to offer this child a decent home? Especially if you can't see yourself with her in the future.

I can tell you one thing, since I became the proud father of a little baby boy, my beliefs on abortion have completely changed. But then again we are married, 30-something and planned for it.

Good luck with your decision. Just do some soul searching and think about it, make it and don't look back. Regrets can be worse than the decision itself.

4. lick wid nit wit

lick wid nit wit Official OT Oracle

You didn't say how old you are.

Are you a college student? Are you working some shit dead end job?

Truth is, if you don't see yourself being with this girl for very long, abortion or adoption is probably the best option (I'd vote for abortion myself because if you go the adoption route, she could change her mind and you'd be tied down to her for a LONG TIME and that doesn't sound like what you want).

Guilt factor aside, you also need to think of your future here. If you are very young and cannot support a kid right now, then yeah, abortion makes the best sense right now.

Also, people, please, let's not turn this into a debate thread. :)

5. MCohen

MCohen #NotMyPresident #AmericaIsAlreadyGreat #GoSolar OT Supporter

We need answers to these questions.

6. 2500

2500 Guest

simple. no abortion.

your failing relationship and immaturity are no reasons to kill a child. you shoulda thought about this before you had sex. sex = baby. there is only 1 way to make a baby, and you knew it, and still did it. don't take your stupidity out on this child and kill it. give it up for adoption if you guys don't want it, but murder is never the answer. grow up.

7. Durkastan

Durkastan New Member

Then what is this thread about? If she doesn't want an abortion then she shouldn't have to get one. What are you gonna do? Force her into one? Dude grow up already

8. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Just out of curiosity, were you guys using protection?

9. awdboost

awdboost New Member

You guy both need to talk, and agree on something to do. You shouldn't really be asking people online for this type of situation. This is a personal decision between you and your gf.

Whether it be abortion, adoption, or keeping the baby. I say just sit down and talk to her about whats best for both of you and THE BABY. I'm prochoice, so I can sit here and type of the pros and cons of both; but that will take all day.

One more time just sit down with her and have a long converstation with her to decide what ya want to do with your lives. Good luck with whatever decision you guys come to.

10. awdboost

awdboost New Member

No offense, but I think we know the answer to that.

I know condoms aren't 100% safe, but I can not recall anyone getting pregant while using a condom everytime they had sex. Unless the condom broke, but too many people use that as an excuse. The same thing goes for bc. I don't recall anyone on bc, and use it as directed; and didn't miss a doctors appointment or pill one day and they got pregant.

If they did use some form of protection it's a high percent chance they didn't at least one time.

11. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

No not really if you use protection or simply abort the thang before it's viable. OP, you KNOW whether or not you or your girlfriend can provide the resources a child needs. If you don't (and considering you don't see yourself with her for much longer, I'd say you don't), abortion or adoption are your best options. The decision between aborting or adopting rests on whether the woman in question is up for pregnancy. Also consider the odd state of adoption in the U.S and that no child is gurranteed a positive outcome in the systsem.

12. Gregsaidthat

Gregsaidthat "Individuality is the new conformity"

Wow. If this is something that you are thinking about doing it should of been something that should of been done along time ago. Now it's not only going to hurt you day in and day out but you will think about what you did just about every time you see a little kid.

13. Omerta6

Omerta6 New Member

If you cannot afford to raise a child financially and are not mature enough to handle the job I believe you should get an abortion. What good is going through with having a child where all three of you are going to have horrible lives as a result.

IMO a fetus cannot be called a child until it has life experience/control over its own actions. I disagree when people say "your killing an innocent child/baby etc". Currently all it is, is potential for life.

14. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

Well, no. He will not necessarily think about this abortion every time he sees a little kid, where does that even come from?

15. bigfodee

bigfodee Active Member

16. SixSecrets

SixSecrets New Member

Abortion is a very personal choice which should be discussed between you and your girlfriend.

Keep in mind that the decision BOTH of you arrive at together, will affect your lives for the rest of your days.

I had an abortion and I regret my decision every single second I am awake.

17. Kirbys Autumn

Kirbys Autumn Mrs. Kirby McSpic

I agree because I'm against abortion. But it's also something you and you're gf have to decide on your own. We can give you countless opinions and they're all gonna be the same. You're gonna have pro-life people and pro-choice people. You both need to sit down together and talk about it. Weigh the results and make a choice. Good luck.

18. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

If she has the child, insist on a paternity test.

19. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

I would do it you sound young and in no state to raise a child and you don't sound like you want to be linked to this girl for the next 18 years.

20. childofbean

childofbean Green Member

I say that if you aren't fit to handle the child, you should either abort it or put it up for adoption. A child will be a huge change in the both of your lives. And imagine what it would be like for the child with the both of you being unmarried and possibly separated. Outweigh the pros and cons of each option. (abortion vs. having the baby)

21. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Sorry guys.

I'm 20 years old. My girlfriend is 18.

I work as a pipe-fitter/welder, making about 32k a year.

I start my first year of college in 3 months. She is moving, and will get a job once she moves in.

22. Socrates

Socrates New Member

I will. That has always been a rule for me. I told her from day 1.

23. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Thanks for all of your GREAT advice everybody.

We decided to have the baby.

I can support and raise the child just fine right now, so it's what i'm going to do. I always live off of 80% of my income, and save the other 20%, so I will just start using 100% for a while.

24. johan

johan Active Member

I feel sorry for the baby.

25. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

Something tells me the kid wont have that great of a life. But thats just my opinion. As long as you're both gonna take responsibility, good luck.