Abit AN7

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Das_Ubermensch, Sep 11, 2004.

1. Das_Ubermensch

Das_Ubermensch OT Supporter

Anyone else have this stupid fucking board? I bought it and It has been the worst piece of crap....

Heres the problem: Audio noise. This board emits an excessive amount of noise through the speakers, from hard drive noise, to mouse movement, everything produces some noise. Thought it was a grounding issue but the board and everything else is perfectly grounded. Speakers are beand new logitexh z640, not that it matters because hte noise is present with any set of speakers, even with headphones. This is totally unacceptable.

Anyone else have this POS board or know how to fix this problem? About to RMA it but I cant afford to be without a PC for a few days.

2. ZetecRacing

ZetecRacing New Member

I use to have a couple AN7's and they were both fine. no issues with the sound like you are mentioning. I would say your going to have to RMA it unles you bought it local and could go exchange it.

3. ZetecRacing

ZetecRacing New Member

why not goto http://forum.abit-usa.com/ they kind of know a thing or two about abit stuff there :bigthumb: not that I'm a member there or anything

4. waldo98

waldo98 OT Supporter

Sorry to bring up an old thread...but I just got this board recently and I think it is pretty good deal for the money. I got it for $91 at newegg.com. I am using an AMD XP 3000+ 400mhz FSB and it seems decently fast without overclocking. Can anyone provide any tips on overclocking speeds that will keep it stable. TIA