Abdominal surgery and core exercise...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Thomas Crenshaw, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thomas Crenshaw

Thomas Crenshaw New Member

long story short, most of you probably don't remember me making a thread but, probably unrelated to it but i tried SuperPump 250 for the first time and got appendicitis that night. (used it again after operation and was fine). So had the emergency appendectomy in the morning because i was up all night in pain...the routine operation is supposed to take no more than 45 mins and mine took ~2 hours since there was more than expected blood loss and they couldnt easily get to the appendix so my assumption is they dug around and cut up more tissue than usual.

so a year later, im still having trouble doing ab workouts. The top 4 abs are there and seem pretty in tact and strong but the bottom area where the scars are is just a mess to the touch and get discomfort and pain when i do situps. I guess im just concerned because i dont want to get a hernia if the muscle tissue is weak there. I mean i rack pulled 350 for reps and my guts seem to be where they belong. anyone have any experience with something similar or have any knowledge to share? I plan on getting an MRI or CT Scan to see if there is any actual permanent damage..

thanks for reading, any intellectual input is appreciated.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  2. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

Could be scar tissues causing the pain. IDK, go seek advice from your doctor.

3. Satellite

Satellite Guest

I had laproscopic hernia surgery 6 weeks ago. Today was the first time I did intense AB Work. Still had no confidence in it. Takes time and hard work. Could also be scar tissue and inflammation. Go see your doc and maybe get an ultrasound.

4. hodor

hodor Active Member

It sometimes takes you 1-2 years to completely heal from surgery, and some scar tissue remains sore 4 years later.

I had a pilonidal cyst removed a year ago.

5. Simplicity

Simplicity OT Supporter

im going in with scar tissue causing the pain.

i have the same thing on a different part of my body . when it gets sore i can actually see the crazy amount of blood that concentrates near where the scar tissue is.

6. Voltekker

Voltekker Active Member

how long did you wait after you operation to start doing ab workouts ? My appendix burst and I have a huge scar, I was told no abdominal stuff for like 3 Months. I even had to be careful with the way I got out of bed, id just call your primary car doc and ask.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.