Abandoned 78 Lotus Esprit

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by beans, Sep 9, 2005.

1. beans

beans Guest

In high school there was an old Lotus rotting away right near a main street and I always thought it was a sad sight. I thought about it today and drove over there at lunch to see if anyone had give it some love, but it's still there :hs: It's been sitting in that exact spot for at least 10 years and when I first saw it it was really crappy too so probably more like 20. Looks like it's got the engine (POS anyway) but the interior is pretty much decimated. I'm wondering if it'd be worth it to try to get it out of there and clean it up. :dunno: It's a 1978 I think and there's only 553 of them worldwide, meaning there probably aren't a surplus of parts laying around for it. It would literally need a new everything. I just hate to have it sitting there if it'd be worth it to try and restore it.

:wtc:

[​IMG]

Crappy cam phone pic. I'll probably get better ones sometime soon.

2. Evan

Evan OT Supporter

Sell it for parts?

3. MrBucket

MrBucket OT Supporter

its an old british car, it would need so much work

4. Turbo240sx

Turbo240sx Still Spoolin'

see how much the guy wants for it? :dunno:

could be a good project car, or you just sell it to someone who wants to restore it

5. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

Where is this car? I would love to buy it if you find the owner.

6. beans

beans Guest

I'm going to go talk to the guy. My main concern is the condition of it. You can't tell much from that pic, but there's a lot of problems. Plus, it's not exactly hidden and there's a Lotus dealership like 10 minutes from where it is. You would think if it was worth restoring or even parting out someone would have done it by now.

7. beans

beans Guest

Alright. So the car definitely isn't for sale and the guy really emphatically doesn't like being asked about it.

If anyone is interested in seeing how pleasant the guy is to deal with call 609-737-7226 and tell him you heard they had a Lotus for sale.

8. pharcyde183

pharcyde183 Nissan by nature

so he leaves it for 10 years does nothing and won't sell it? smart man