COMIC A7 Review - You're Under Arrest

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by TriShield, Apr 8, 2003.

1. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

[​IMG]
    You're Under Arrest ( ‘ß•ß‚µ‚¿‚Ⴄ‚¼ )
    AVEC/TV Asahi, 2002-2003

by areaseven - http://areaseven.net/

Cast
    - Sachie Hara as Miyuki Kobayakawa
    - Misaki Ito as Natsumi Tsujimoto
    - Otoha (Natsumi in GetBackers) as Yuriko Nikkaido
    - Eri Kyokuyama as Tomoe
    - Yui Ichikawa as Yuka.

Music
    Opening Theme: "Galaxy" by Nana Katase
    Ending Theme: "Through the Rain" by Mariah Carey

The Lowdown
    Based on the best-selling manga by Kosuke Fujishima (available in the US through Studio Proteus/Dark Horse Comics). The Babes of Bokuto Precinct are back - this time in live-action! In the pilot episode, Miyuki and Natsumi stop a girl from committing suicide. Then they find out that she was provoked by someone on the internet, so our two heroines go beyond the call of duty to bring the mysterious culprit to justice.

I just finished watching a fansub of episode 1 and I have to say that I'm impressed. After being a fan of the anime series for years, I never thought that You're Under Arrest would actually go live-action. Of course, no one can do the car chases depicted in the manga and anime, especially in Tokyo's congested roads. Live-action doesn't do justice to Natsumi's brute strength, but the choreographed fights are the funniest since Gokusen. Another major plus is the fact that Sachie Hara and Misaki Ito are just too kawaii!

First-time viewers may have to read the manga or watch the anime to know more about the characters, but for the most part, You're Under Arrest is an extremely enjoyable series. Well, I'm gonna go watch the next episode. In the meantime, click here to download the fansubs.

Rating: A-

2. neo_omega

neo_omega New Member

where can I download it?

3. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

Good question. :(

4. Aw614

Aw614 Guest

I've found the show on Kazaa, but not many people have it. I have select episodes of the anime on my PC. I guess b/c it hasn't been as big as the author's other work, Oh! My Goddess. Which I also saw.

5. neo_omega

neo_omega New Member

Kosuke Fujishima is one of my fav writer.