COMIC A7 Review - Saishuu Heiki Kanojo

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by TriShield, Dec 30, 2002.

1. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

[​IMG]
    Saishuu Heiki Kanojo (She, The Ultimate Weapon)
    "The Last Love Song on This Little Planet"
    GONZO Digimation/Family Gekijou/Toshiba EMI, 2002
    US Distributor Pending.
    Directed by Atsuko Kase (Mobile Suit Gundam 08th MS Team: Miller's Report).
    Not Rated. Contains graphic violence, slight nudity and mature situations.

by areaseven - http://areaseven.net/

Shuuji and Chise were just high school students in Hokkaido just beginning a relationship with each other. Then, without warning, war broke out as aircraft from a foreign country bombed the city of Sapporo. Just as all hope in Japan was lost, a mysterious light appeared in the sky, zapping towards the enemy planes and destroying them, one by one. Shuji followed that light to discover something that would change his life forever: his girlfriend, Chise, is a cyborg designed for mass destruction.

"Gomen nasai, Shuu-chan." - Chise

Story: A
    When I viewed the first three episodes, I didn't know what to expect. SaiKano is a very different kind of love story with deep character development and a lot of plot twists.

At this time, I haven't read the original graphic novel yet, so I wouldn't know the differences in the story.

Animation: A+
    When you give an anime project to GONZO Digimation (Full Metal Panic!, Vandread), expect a lot of digital 2D and 3D special effects and breathtaking artwork. And for SaiKano, GONZO delivers big-time.

Soundtrack: A
    Aside from the down-to-earth musical score, I really like the opening theme "Koisuru Kimochi" and the ending theme "Sayonara", both composed and performed by Yuria Yato.

Cast
    SaiKano features Shiro Ishimoda in his debut role as Shuuji, Fumiko Orikasa (Meia in Vandread, Serasu in Hellsing) as Chise, Yuu Sugimoto (Elvy in RahXephon) as Akemi, Miki Ito (Project A-Ko, Gally in Battle Angel) as Fuyumi, Shinichiro Miki (Takumi in Initial D, Allen in Escaflowne) as Tetsu, and Tetsu Shiratori (Yuu in Brain Powered) as Atsushi.

The Bottom Line
    Despite being only 13 episodes long, Saishuu Heiki Kanojo is, undoubtedly, one of GONZO's best animated works ever made.

Reference: Anime News Network

2. kusanagiz

kusanagiz New Member

thanks for the review posts. Looking forward to many more.

3. bokhan

bokhan i love you

saikano has all the cliche expected plot twists. it doesn't help that the main character (altho realistic) is a real dick.

i usually like gonzo's stuff a lot (vandread!!!) but this series was way too corny.