COMIC A7 Review - Please! Teacher

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by TriShield, Mar 5, 2003.

1. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

[​IMG]
    Onegai Teacher
    Please!/GENCO/WOWOW/Bandai Visual, 2002
    Bandai Entertainment, 2003
    Directed by Yasunori Ide (Bastard!!, Burn Up!).
    Rated 16-Up for slight nudity and suggestive sexual situations.
    (Episode 13, on the other hand, is borderline hentai! )

by areaseven - http://areaseven.net/

Based on the manga by Please! High school student Kei Kusanagi was lying around a forest one night when he saw an unusual phenomenon - an alien ship landing by the lake with a beautiful human-like alien (read: HOT) coming out of it. That was all he remembered until the next day, when he discovered that the alien he saw is none other than his new homeroom teacher Mizuho Kazami.

Story: A
    This is not your ordinary romance anime. Onegai Teacher feels a bit like Ah! My Goddess, but the whole romance thing takes a lot of different directions when Kei tells about his past and later on tells his foster parents and his principal that he and Mizuho are engaged. Besides, who wouldn't fall for some hot chick who likes pocky?

Animation: A+
    Wow...after doing an impressive job animating Azumanga Daioh, GENCO went all out in producing some excellent artwork and animation for this series. Character designs by Hiroaki Gohda (Ah! My Goddess, Bubblegum Crisis). Mechanical designs by Yasuhiro Moriki (Martian Successor Nadesico, Crest of the Stars) and Yoshihiro Watanabe (Nazca, D4 Princess).

Soundtrack: A-
    Shinji Orito and "I've" supply an upbeat J-Pop score with '80s and '90s-style influences. The opening theme, "Shooting Star" by Kotoko, is a current favorite among many anime fans.

Sub vs. Dub
    Onegai Teacher features Kikuko Inoue as Mizuho (her best performance since Ah! My Goddess), Soichiro Hoshi (Kira in Mobile Suit Gundam SEED, Kaoru in Ai Yori Aoshi) as Kei, Tomoko Kaneda (Chiyo in Azumanga Daioh, Cynthia in Hanaukyo Maids) as Marie, Yukari Tamura (Ranpha in Galaxy Angel, Ai in Full Metal Panic!) as Ichigo, Sayaka Ohara as Kaede, Ayako Kawasumi (Ruriko in Gate Keepers, Melfina in Outlaw Star) as Koishi, Mitsuo Iwata (Kaneda in AKIRA, Itsuki in Initial D) as Hyosuke, Tomokazu Sugita (Hideki in Chobits, Subaru in X: The TV Series) as Masaomi, Hiroaki Miura as Matagu, Satomi Korogi (Menchi in Excel Saga, Moe in Love Hina) as Maho, Naoya Uchida (Hayato in Getter Robo Armageddon) as Minoru, Rei Sakuma (Kazumi in Gunbuster, Shampoo in Ranma 1/2) as Konoha, Omi Minami (Hyatt in Excel Saga, Ruri in Nadesico) as Kozue, Yutaka Nakano as Principal Tendo, and Yumi Takada (Ayeka in Tenchi Muyo!, Saori in Mahoromatic) as Hatsuho.

The english version isn't out yet, so I can't make any judgment at this time. Bandai has not yet announced which studio will dub Please! Teacher. It will be either ZRO Limit Productions/Animaze (Cowboy Bebop, Macross Plus) or The Ocean Group (Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade, Ranma 1/2).

DVD Extras
    Not until Bandai Entertainment releases the series domestically on April 25.

The Bottom Line
    A completely different kind of love story, Onegai Teacher brings out a different meaning to "teacher's pet".

2. Jay

Jay My shit don't stink

Onegai Teacher :bowdown:

my 2nd fav. romatic comedy behind Love Hina

3. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

I saw it.. I was in Stitches the entire time. :) and i generally don't like the Romantic High school comedy type stuff all that much..... Cute anime.

4. Whojive

Whojive Form a Fucking Wall OT Supporter

anybody have this or knowledge where to download it? all i have is ep 1 :(

5. Aw614

Aw614 Guest

I had up to ep 8 for a friend, I got them from Kazaa. I didn't like it as much as OMG, but my friend really enjoyed it.

6. Mage

Mage To remain in paradise and there become a demon.

It was licensed, so you probably won't find fansubs easily. Which is a good thing :ugh: what a fucking terrible show.

7. TriShield

I seriously think you should write short reviews, they would be interesting to read.

8. Mage

Mage To remain in paradise and there become a demon.

http://forums.offtopic.com/showpost.php?p=10889994&postcount=12
    :o

9. TriShield

10. Whojive

Whojive Form a Fucking Wall OT Supporter

i wanted to see them for background into the characters that are on Onegai twins. :dunno: