COMIC A7 Review - Onegai Twins

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by TriShield, Aug 1, 2003.

1. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

[​IMG]
    Onegai Twins ( ‚¨‚Ë‚ª‚¢™ƒcƒCƒ“ƒY )
    Please!/GENCO/WOWOW/Bandai Visual, 2003
    Bandai Entertainment (Projected Release Date: Mid-2004)
    Directed by Yasunori Ide (Please Teacher!).
    Not Rated (Projected 16-Up). Contains nudity and suggestive sexual situations.

by areaseven - http://areaseven.net/

High school student Maiku Kamishiro has lived most of his life alone. Then, he gets the shock of his life when Miina Miyafuji moves into his house and tells him she's his long-lost twin sister. Making matters more complicated is the arrival of Karen Onodera, who shares the same eye color as the other two. Despite having different lives, these three teenagers share a similar past that was lost in their childhood, and the only clues they have are the childhood pictures they have and the house they live in.

Story: A-
    There was a lot of speculation on how this sequel to Please Teacher! would go without everybody's favorite teacher (and mine) Mizuho Kazami. Well, it turns out that she is in Onegai Twins, which is a good thing. As for the series itself, it seems darker than its predecessor, but with the same amount of fan service. And the plot development will have you wondering what will happen on the next episode.

Animation: A+
    While not as flashy as Please Teacher!, Onegai Twins still boasts the same excellence in character design, artwork and animation.

Soundtrack: A-
    The opening and ending themes are as catchy as ever, and the BGM is very lively with less of an '80s feel than Please Teacher!'s soundtrack.

Cast
    Onegai Twins features Daisuke Namikawa (Al in Mobile Suit Gundam 0080) as Maiku, Mai Nakahara (Rena in .hack//DUSK, Eina in Gravion) as Miina, Ai Shimizu (Minawa in Mahoromatic: Something More Beautiful, Yuzu in Asagiri no Miko) as Karen, Michiko Neya (Nancy in Read Or Die, Melissa in Full Metal Panic!) as Tsubaki, Ryoko Shintani (Milfeuelle in Galaxy Angel) as Haruko, and Kenichi Suzumura (Shin in Macross Zero, Kamui in X) as Kousei. Reprising their roles are Kikuko Inoue (Belldandy in Ah! My Goddess, Kasumi in Ranma 1/2) as Mizuho, Souichiro Hoshi (Kazuma in s-CRY-ed, Kira in Mobile Suit Gundam SEED) as Kei, Yukari Tamura (Ranpha in Galaxy Angel) as Ichigo, Hiroaki Miura (Chris in E's Otherwise) as Matagu, and Tomoko Kaneda (Chiyo in Azumanga Daioh, Renge in Air Master) as Marie.

The Bottom Line
    Damn, why are these aliens always landing in Japan?

[​IMG]

2. Jay

Jay My shit don't stink

I have 1 - 3 but haven't watched it yet... how do they review something that hasn't been completed? :confused:

3. Whojive

Whojive Form a Fucking Wall OT Supporter

i watched first 2 eps they were pretty good

4. keroberos

keroberos OT Supporter

sucks just like onegai teacher.

5. Jay

Jay My shit don't stink

I just saw ep. 5.
    I find it funny. the homo guy is hilarious :rofl:

6. tom3

tom3 ...

NYU~ :rofl:

7. Jay

Jay My shit don't stink

don't nyuu at me :rofl:

8. kza

kza Guest

How can you give the story an A-? I watched 7 eps already and thought the story wasn't all that interesting. It's just about a guy that might be related to one of the two girls and they keep repeating that line for practically every episode. They are probably going to keep dragging on the show like that for the rest of the series. I'm done watching this show, not interested in their incest relationship that they are building up to. I'd give it a C at best so far.

9. Taker

Taker 找死吗?

well other than the incest stuff...i like it