COMIC A7 Review - Ebichu the Housekeeping Hamster

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by TriShield, Jul 19, 2003.

1. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

[​IMG]
    Oruchuban Ebichu ( ‚¨‚é‚¿‚ã‚΂ñƒGƒr‚¿‚ã )
    GAINAX/Group TAC/DirecTV Japan/Pioneer LDC, 1999
    U.S. Distributor Pending.
    Directed by Makoto Moriwaki (Hyper Doll).
    Not Rated. Contains graphic violence, gratuitous nudity, sexual situations, and profanity.

by areaseven - http://areaseven.net/

Based on the best-selling manga by Risa Itou and part of the Anime Ai no Awa Hour late-night lineup, Ebichu is the story of a Hamster named Ebichu, who lives in a seedy apartment with her master, a sex-crazed 25 year old woman who has a lazy, two-timing boyfriend that spends most of his time either cheating on her or playing pachinko.

Story: B
    Well, there is no real plot; you're just looking at the everyday life of a hamster as she's being mutilated on every episode while her master is busy with her boyfriend. On the other hand, you get to learn more Japanese words like "kuri" (chestnuts; but then again, you already learned that in FLCL), "risu" (squirrel), and "manko" (I forgot what that meant, hehe.). Leave it to Hideaki Anno (Gunbuster, Neon Genesis Evangelion) to violate every censorship law on TV with this series.

Animation: D+
    The artwork and animation are pretty messy and abstract. At least it's got better artwork than Sexy Commando.

Soundtrack: B
    While the BGM is so-so, you gotta love the opening theme by Kotono Mitsuishi.

Cast
    Ebichu features Kotono Mitsuishi (Excel Saga, Misato in Neon Genesis Evangelion) as Ebichu, Michie Tomizawa (Sumire in Sakura Wars, Linna in Bubblegum Crisis) as Ebichu's master, and Tomokazu Seki (Van in Escaflowne, Sosuke in Full Metal Panic!) as Ebichu's master's boyfriend.

The Bottom Line
    "Hamtaro on crack" is an understatement. With so many toilet jokes and sexual content, Ebichu makes Excel Saga look like Omishi Magical Theater Risky Safety.

[​IMG]

2. 触手強姦姫 ap13

触手強姦姫 ap13 ………Anime Crew For Life!……… ……………………O Wait………………… …

MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO MANKOMANKO MANKO MANKO MANKO

i really need to stop avoiding animes. :bowrofl: great show.

3. zackflavored

zackflavored KingShit's Post #55!

is it consistently good?

4. JP

JP Active Member

Kotono Mitsuishi :bowdown:

5. 触手強姦姫 ap13

触手強姦姫 ap13 ………Anime Crew For Life!……… ……………………O Wait………………… …

fucking yes, i couldn't stop cracking up.... and every minute or so i say "EBICHUMAN" in my best engrish and start laughing out loud.