COMIC A7 Review - Crimson Wolf

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by TriShield, May 23, 2003.

1. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Staff Member

Jul 6, 2001
    Streamline Pictures, 1997; Image Entertainment, 2000
    Directed by Shoichi Masuo (Melty Lancer, Metal Skin Panic MADOX-01).
    Not Rated. Contains graphic violence, nudity, sexual situations and strong language.

by areaseven -

It's been a long time since I stepped into some bad anime, but finally, here's a new installment of I Hated, Hated, HATED This Anime.

Based on the manga by Masahiko Takajo and Kenji Okamura. When a group of archaeologists discover the tomb of Genghis Khan, a deadly prophecy is revealed: 1,000 days from now, the world will suffer from a great war starting in the Far East. The prophecy claims that in order to prevent this war from happening, three humans bearing wolf-like scars must be found and destroyed.

A Chinese martial artist, a Japanese girl and a crime syndicate leader find out that they each bear scars that resemble the mark of a wolf. Fate has brought them together and now they must use their powers to stop a top-secret supercomputer from starting World War III.

Story: D
    Okay, now where do I start? If you thought the plot above was confusing, that's just the clearest I could explain - because the whole anime doesn't make sense at all. At first, you're expecting our heroes to battle some spiritual embodiment of Genghis Khan or something like that. Instead, you have "GOKU", a supercomputer that, for reasons unexplained, attacks our heroes with dragons and Mao Tse-tung's army. In a span of 60 minutes, nothing's explained, nothing's resolved at all.

Animation: A-
    On the bright side, the artwork and animation look pretty good. It just doesn't save the anime itself from a bad rating.

Soundtrack: C
    While trying to comprehend with the plot (or lack of one), I didn't pay much attention to the soundtrack. It sounded just too generic.

Sub vs. Dub
    The DVD comes with both English and Japanese audio. Unfortunately, Image Entertainment did not bother to throw in subtitles. As for the dub, go figure - this was produced and directed by Carl Macek.

DVD Extras: F
    What extras?

The Bottom Line
    Want to watch an anime about wolves? Watch Jin-Roh or Wolf's Rain instead.