A&P A510 : Help needed...

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by evil, Oct 19, 2005.

1. evil

evil Guest

I just bought it and when I use a tripod I'm very happy, but two things bother me.

1) Auto mode SUCKS. Without flash on, even in broad daylight, it takes relatively dark pictures to pretty damn dark pictures.
    2) Even with a "quick" shutter speed the image seems to be blurry unless I use a tripod. I don't know if this is because of a lack of image stabilization featured in other cameras or if it's whatever, but I try to hold the camera as still as possible and I still get bluriness in it.

ANy ideas?

Thanks! :wiggle:

2. evil

evil Guest

b.u.mp.com

3. Tomash

Tomash Active Member

:dunno:
    I've never used it.
    Read the manual. Canon manuals have a troubleshooting guide.

4. evil

evil Guest

Hmm, will do. However one thing, it's weird in that when I use flash, no bluriness when handheld. but if flash is over, it's blurry.

idfk.

5. Tomash

Tomash Active Member

When you engage the flash camera automatically reduces the shutter speed due to extra light (in theory) provided by the flash discharge.
    Then you disengage the flash, the camera thinks the scene will be more poorly lit, so it sets a slower shutter speed.

6. Tomash

Tomash Active Member

Read the fucking manual.

7. evil

evil Guest

Their tips did not help. The only thing is to use flash to make it brigter and normal w/o using atripod and manual settings. Is there a way I don't have ot engage the flash (like the poor pictures, turn off flash)
    '?

8. Tomash

Tomash Active Member

Read the fucking manual.

9. evil

evil Guest

I DID, I DON'T HAVE TO REPEAT MYSELF Amillion times :) lol. jesus :)

Auto mode w/o flash = dark pictures. Auto mode w/ flash = screws up backgroudn (too dark).

No medium unless using custom settings w/ tripod, which sucks if I don't want to use a tripod.

10. Tomash

Tomash Active Member

IT seems the A510 has over 20 exposure mode.
    Either use Manual, and select the correct aperture and shutter speed yourseld, or use an appropriate scene more.

11. Cobber

Cobber Wanna touch my bunny hole?

Try changing your ISO

12. evil

evil Guest

Bleh...higher ISO = lose. Anyways isn't the Auto mode supposed to do this by itself?

13. Tomash

Tomash Active Member

Obviously, not.
    ANd to be honest, you can't expect much from this camera.
    There are three ways of making anincreasing exposure:
    Open the aperture wider - This isn't often possible on P&S cameras, because they most often have slow lenses.
    Use slower shutter speed - works fine, but you have to keep the camera steady, or on a tripod. If you don't, the image will be blurry die to camera shake. This can be partially remedied by image stabilisation, which you camera doesn't have.
    Upping the ISO - on your camera this will cause noise problems.

Use sports mode. This will set flash to force on, and shutter speed to a fast setting.
    Unfortunately, this will work only for objects that are fairly close to the camera, as your flash isn't very powerful.
    For subjects that are farther away from the camera, use night scene mode, or Program mode, with ISO set to 400 or higher.
    Also, see if your camera has a feature called exposure compensation, and if it's set to -1 or other negative value.
    And read the motherfucking manual.

14. evil

evil Guest

Thanks for the informative post. I still don't understand why Auto mode takes shit pictures if flash is off when my $50 Kodak took non-blurry pictures w/o Flash in auto mode.

15. Tomash

Tomash Active Member

You would, if you had read the fucking manual.