A&P A water pic with my new camera

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by redna, Jul 25, 2003.

1. redna

redna New Member

I didnt have a tripod for this so the background is kinda blurry... Not to mention that i had to shoot it on twilight mode (no adjustable shutter) and then fix teh exposure.

All in all i think it came out pretty good for what it is.

Im a definate amature, what can i do to improve (other than get a tripod)

2. redna

redna New Member

Heres some other things i shot too... nothing too special im just getting used to the camera.

3. raptor_talon

raptor_talon Who is the master? Sho'nuff!

my favorite is the lightning shot.

4. redna

redna New Member

lol.. that took me forever to get. wait wait wait click miss wait wait wait click miss. :lol:

5. Jcolman

Jcolman OT Supporter

You asked what you can do to improve you photos. Getting a tripod will help in low light situations like the waterfall, but the biggest thing you should work on is composition and technique. For example, the waterfall shot. You did good by putting the top of the waterfall in the upper third of the frame, but otherwise it's a static shot that just sits there. What if you shot the waterfall from the side, with your camera much closer? That would put the water closer to the viewer perhaps creating a more dynamic frame.

Since you said it was near dusk, if you used a tripod (I know you don't have one yet) to steady your camera and shoot with a 1 sec. exposure, you will blur the moving water but leave the rocks and surrounding area sharp (assuming that you didn't move the camera during the exposure). You did this to a small degree in your photo, but a slightly longer exposure time will enhance the effect.

Photos of static objects must have good composition and/or lighting if they are to stand out.

Keep working at it and pretty soon you'll find that you're shooting great shots.

Jim

6. redna

redna New Member

Thanks, I will give that a shot and see what i can come up with.

I have about 50 or so different photos that i think are much better but those ones are on this computer so they were the ones that got uploaded. :big grin:

Thanks for the critique.

7. dmora

dmora Guest

very cool
    :bigthumb: