A/V Milk Thread

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by amill94, Apr 30, 2008.

1. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

Well, I upgraded my receiver a little sooner than expected. I needed some more power to push my new speakers and was eyeing a Denon 3808. Plus with the latest update on my PS3, I wanted all the new lossless formats to work on my system. The only one they had was in a beat up box and when opened there was a small dent on the top. I didn't want to wait, so I picked up the Denon 4308. Of course, I worked a deal which helped sway my decision.

Pics:

This is a pretty large box.
    [​IMG]

The Front.
    [​IMG]

The Back...quite a few more inputs than I'll need.
    [​IMG]

Comparison to my "old" Denon 3805
    [​IMG]

And finally, in it's home. [​IMG]

I updated the firmware, and it took forever to get it on my freakin network. It works now, but I still can't get the internet radio stations to come up. Plus, the killer is my DLP has the first version of HDMI and doesn't want to work with the receiver...so for now my Panasonic plasma is in the living room and my DLP is in the bedroom. I put the epik subwoofer on hold for now unfortunately b/c I'll have to get a new tv for the living room since the DLP is old.

2. El Beaner

El Beaner OT Supporter

So what will you be doing with you Denon 3805?? I may be interested.

BTW the new receiver looks mighty tasty

3. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

I'm going to sell it since I have no use for it anymore. A friend of mine was interested and is going to let me know by Friday if he's going to take it.

4. El Beaner

El Beaner OT Supporter

If you don't mind me asking (you can pm me answer) if your friend does not take it, how mucha re you looking to get for it? I only ask cause I would have to start buttering up my wife to try and get her to let me buy a new receiver.