A site with free tones that are actually FREE??

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by jefftx, Sep 21, 2004.

1. jefftx

jefftx newest of the new

I used to know a site or two where I could get free ringers for my Sanyo 8200. All these PCS sites are making you pay now. Anyone know where I can still get ringtones from?

2. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

polyphicringtonez.com

3. jefftx

jefftx newest of the new

That's not a valid URL.

4. JTShark

JTShark New Member

www.polyphonicringtonez.com that is it, you can go to it on your phone as well I think, just use your computer first to get the right site to direct your phone to so you can download the ringtones.

5. jefftx

jefftx newest of the new

Thanks a bunch, the stock ringers on this phone are downright painful to listen to.

6. Adri1456

Adri1456 Guest

There's a lot of WAP sites to download 'tones from.

Check with your mobile provider also.

7. SovietRussia

SovietRussia What? You pooped in the refrigerator? OT Supporter

3gupload.com :slap: (maybe $5 donation required though)

8. vnsh

vnsh New Member

9. KPS_Desi

KPS_Desi You like the Om you see?

theres no donation required

go to 3gupload and create an account and pick any songs you want to download and place em in your locker. Then access 3gupload through your phones browser and enter your screen name and you'll see the songs you placed in the locker and just download

10. Scream_Phoenix

Scream_Phoenix Handsome Boy Model

personally i find the midi i want on google and then upload it to my webspace. then just dl it through wap. well ive got a data cable now so i dont even do that :o

11. Slowmo

Slowmo New Member

I never really downloaded stuff until I got this phone(Nokia 3100/3120), because the ringtones are extremely annoying. I signed up with AT&T, but you have to pay $1.99(w/ taxes) per download. Anyway to download stuff without a fee?

12. I'm a little bit of a noob to this. I checked it out and it won't let me do this, so I guess I'm just going to sign up. For some reason my browser doesn't want to play the ring tones either so I can't hear them. Are these the ring tones with the lyrics and everything?

13. jbuffethed

jbuffethed Member

This is where I found how to make my own. I have the Vox 9900. turn any mp3 into a ringer.

14. nickgonzo

nickgonzo oh ya

how about a site where I can send rintones to my phone for free.. i have an old school phone

15. blown11

blown11 New Member

16. giovanna145

giovanna145 New Member

Did u have to put up a cc for this?? I saw something in their terms that they will charge you if you don't call and cancel.

17. moobii

moobii Guest

a free ringtone site

i get my mp3 song clips from http://www.walmart.com and then use this site:

http://www.funformobile.com

to send the clips to my samsung A700. it is totally free and the quality of mp3 ringtones are also super. hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2005
  18. keen

keen New Member

i don't know nothing about legal issues ;) but just search your p2p of choice, a friend's friend of mine downloaded nice .zips with thousands of ringtones...

19. I registered and everything. It doesn't list my phone --Samsung X-427 -- so I tried other ways. I went to walmart.com and downloaded some mp3 samples that I wanted to use as ringtones. I then cut and pasted the URL's of those downloads to the "browse" box on www.funformobile.com and it sent the URL to my phone, but when I went to the URL on my phone it said that the page is not available. I even put in the URL directly to my phone (took 5+ minutes) from walmart.com and it said the same thing. I have a WAP browser. Is there something I'm doing wrong or does my phone just not work for this?

I hate paying $2 per ringtone but I'm getting tired of the ones I have. I downloaded Ozzy's "Crazy Train" ringtone and it only plays the first few seconds where he screams "All aboard! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!" and then repeats itself. I've got a friend that has a different carrier -- I think Verizon -- I have Cingular -- and when he downloaded the same ringtone he got like the first 20 seconds of the song. Is there something else I should try or am I just screwed?

20. moobii

moobii Guest

sorry you need to browse to the directory that you saved your samples and pick up the file you want to upload ( the same way you would upload any file to server). you will then get a SMS message, you can retrieve your tone from that message. hope this helps.