GUN A sad day indeed...-

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Ramses, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Ramses

Ramses Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to ki

So I live in australia and our gun laws leave quite alot to be desired. I grew up hunting and shooting and most summers would travel with My grandfather across australia since he worked for goverment and he would have access on any property in the state and was also provided with any amount of ammo and guns. - Anyway you cant actually own guns here for protection you need to be member of a pistol or rifle range to own. And last weekend I found this badass rifle range about 10 mins from My place. I had got My liscence a few yrs ago but it had expired. Just no where to shoot. So I'm getting My license back in 2 weeks so I call up grandfather and tell him that I'm comming back down the coast to pick up My old rifles. Just 2 nice clean 22's with scopes nicely looked after. And old 3030 lever action in perfect nick. He tells Me that last year when he was in hosptial really sick and his 10 yr liscense ran out My grandmother without telling anyone else in the family- didnt want the guns in the house so she traded them in to the local gun store for 0 money. I dont think there is a smilie for how disappointed I was hearing that. I mean I love her to death but motherfucking godamn :mad: :( - now it's a pain in the ass to buy new rifles but it just aint the same- I grew up shooting those guns and learning on them but it's more sentimental value than anything else. I know there has to be people out there that know what I'm talking about. But I'm done with My rant. Guess I'm just going to have to find a nice replacement. :sadwavey:

2. mrbill

mrbill New Member

losing a gun with that amount of history and sentimental value is like losing a beloved pet. yes, you can get one that looks the same and does the same, but it still doesn't replace the loss. sorry to hear that.

3. TwoGuns

TwoGuns Medical Crew

Grandma or not, I'd have a few words with her, and they wouldn't be nice ones.

4. Clingman

Clingman Clingman runs Bartertown.

That sucks :( Your rifles should be in the family long after you are gone.

5. Ramses

exactly. I mean I was surprised how upset I was over it when I was told but I grew up shooting with them and spending summers- It was My first rifle given to Me by My grandfather. I'm trying to track it down but it's just being a pain in the ass. Thanks for the words though. :cool:

6. Ramses

If it was anyone else but My grandparents I wouldnt have the slightest problem doing just that. BUt nothing can be done now and making her upset over it just aint worth it.

7. Ramses

couldnt agree more. :(