MIL A QUESTION FOR ALL SOLDIERS

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Nateg6684, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nateg6684

Nateg6684 New Member

I’m doing a project and I would like to know what you think we should do in Iraq. Should we stay in and keep going or should we pull out. You see there is a debate in our class and I have to get supporting evidence so I thought you guys could give me a hand. Thanks.

2. armywrx

armywrx New Member

I think that we should finish our mission. It would be wrong to just up and leave like everyone wants us to do right now, the country would implode and someone far worse than Sadam would wind up in power. It would turn into a huge civil war.

3. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

This should be good..

*Space for rent, pm me*

4. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

Yeah, this doesn't smell of someone fishing for negative comments from soldiers about the war in Iraq.

5. Immortal1

Immortal1 New Member

learn to spell

6. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

Did Code Pink take the day off, or are you that bored?

7. Nateg6684

Nateg6684 New Member

Thanks guys. I had the same views but everybody in my class disagreed. I had said that if we pull out know it would only hurt us. Isn’t it true that it could take more than a year to pull all of our soldiers out? Witch means a year or more of unorganized attacks against us and possible chaos in the places we done so much to turn. I just wish you guys had the support you deserved and have the nation let you decide. Instead we have people saying
    we should pull out when they really don’t know anything. But anyway thanks a lot and some more views would be appreciated.

8. raand

raand New Member

Unless there is a 3 or 4 star general on off topic I think you are asking the wrong people most of us dont make those decisions

9. Nateg6684

Nateg6684 New Member

O I’m sorry I can’t be perfect. But maybe if you saw the point of this post you could be less of an dick and look past it like everyone else did.

10. Nateg6684

Nateg6684 New Member

I understand but it’s always good to here the voice of the ones who are fighting for us and not just the ones who no what there talking about although I would like to here that to. I’m just saying what comes from the heart can spread more knowledge than what comes from the head you get what I’m saying?

11. Drunk Bastard Audio

Drunk Bastard Audio New Member

i refuse to talk to the media about this very topic....so i'm definitely not going to talk about it here.

12. Nixstress

Nixstress Look at me! I am edgy and stabby! OT Supporter

If you are participating in a debate then what comes from the heart doesn’t matter. For supporting evidence on your position all you have to do is read up on the pros and cons for staying in Iraq. A good place to start would be the presidential candidate platforms.

Since you seem to want the pros for staying in Iraq, here are a few to start you off.

1. The Iraqi police and armed forces need to be trained properly in order for them to be able to continue keeping the peace/maintain security in the region.

2. Stability and security still need to be established in the region in order to for progress to be made both economically (rebuilding businesses) and politically (new government).

3. The new government is still fragile and can be easily overrun and corrupted by the Sunnis. Once the economy stabilizes the Iraqis will back their government officials in order for the improvements to continue. This will create stability in the government, thereby eliminating the threat of private militias taking over.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  13. willijdub

willijdub New Member

hey, where is my Public Affairs officer at???

14. egxflash

egxflash Riding on the Midship Express

You should know better.

US military members don't have opinions/feelings on the current war. Our sole purpose is to go where they tell us to, kill who they say we must, and most important of all....hydrate.

:hsugh:

15. egxflash

egxflash Riding on the Midship Express

great points. That's pretty much the bread and butter of the argument for staying in Iraq.

good luck with your debate, Nate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.