a question about Minolta DiMAGE 5 Digicam

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by tpr2k, Feb 27, 2002.

1. tpr2k

tpr2k Guest

i just bought a new Minolta DiMAGE 5 digital camera (stills camera)

the thing is.. i believe it's kinda f*cked up because when i used the battaries the gave me with the camera i was only able to use the camera for like 10 mins (less than 10 photos..)

after that i thought that the battaries they gave in the package was empty or just too weak.. so i went and bought new batteries (4 battaries with the little thingi that enables you to see what's the status of the battary...).

so i did another "test" to the camera.. (this time i didn't use the LCD screen and didn't use the flash.. BTW - the manual says that with new battaries you can take 200 photos, half of them with flash)

again i was disapointed with the "resaults" ... this time I was able to use the camera for 13 mins and take 15 (or less..) pics..
    AND when i check the battaries (with the little "thingi" that allows to see the status...) it showed that the battaries are full (about 100% full)

AND when i remove and then re-insert the battaries then i can take one more photo...

any suggestions on what should i do.. i think that the Camera is f*cked up... any other ideas ? :confused:

anyone has this model of Minolta DiMAGE 5 ?
  2. Rick

Rick New Member

Feb 20, 2002
    Take it back?