A question about minimal bodywork

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Netwit, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Netwit

Netwit Pass the Kerbango

I'm assuming it's a yes, but is there anyone here who is pretty knowledgable about repairing minor dings/dents/oxidization? If so, I was planning on uploading some pics and getting an opinion about attempting the repairs.

2. Mikael

Mikael OT Supporter

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  3. SNDP

SNDP New Member

Most dents can be fixed with a little work, you jsut have to un-dent it from the backside of the dent! Me being a cheap bastard, took it upon myself to un-dent a few dings I had in my car. My father in law is an old school body guy and told me to just hit it the opposite way that caused the dent. For door dings I jsut take the door cards off, expose the back of the dent, put a little flat piece of wood against the back of the dent and start tapping with a rubber deadblow. Unless there's a structural member blocking access to the back of the dent, you just have to set aside some time to get that bugger's back exposed and start working it back where it was. Just be sure never to use metal to impact the back of the dent until you have a few under your belt and know how the metal reacts when hit.

4. Mikael

Mikael OT Supporter

professional pullers around here charge $40 a panel, and know what they are doing.