GUN a question about aiming v.pic

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by nkudahc, Mar 17, 2007.

1. nkudahc

nkudahc New Member

i am kind of new to shooting and went to the range for a bit tonight and while i think i'm doing ok i have a question about the three different groups in on the target below. the lowest group seems to be the best then the middle one and then the top one. my question is is there a different way i'm supposed to aim when i am shooting down a little bit as opposed to pretty much level or up a little bit?

[​IMG]

2. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Rifle or handgun?

3. nkudahc

nkudahc New Member

hand gun, p22

4. Keesh

Keesh New Member

[​IMG]

Watch your breathing and pull the trigger slowly, but not too slowly. Hope that chart helps.

5. nkudahc

nkudahc New Member

cool chart, i'll have to print it out and take it with next time. i've been trying to take my time and shoot in between breaths, any other suggestions...does it really matter how you stand and stuff like that?

6. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Depending on how long you'd been shooting and where you started, you might have just been getting fatigued. My groups are the best about 5-15 minutes into my shooting and begin to degrade the more I keep shooting.

How you stand definately matters, but I think thats more dealing with recoil which hopefully isn't a problem with a .22 ;) Trigger control is most of the battle of getting tight groups. Past that bring the gun to your eyes. You can bring your head and shoulders in a little bit but don't force your head to move too much to get to the gun. Its hard to explain but its a difference I can see on the range. You might consider getting a shooting coach for an hour or two to help correct your form and guide you before you form bad habits.