SRS A prisioner in my own home.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by thebigcheese, Apr 28, 2007.

1. thebigcheese

thebigcheese New Member

Its been almost 2 years since I last spoke to my parents. They emotionally and mentally abused me growing up, leading me to think that I would turn out to be nothing, a vagrant and vegabond. 2 years ago I told them I had enough and broke off all communication with them.

2 days ago they found my cell phone number (that I changed, along with my address and pretty much everything else in my life), and have been harrassing me. I now am afraid when I am home that they will show up, constantly jumping whenever I hear something outside and when I leave I am afraid I will see their car in my parking lot. I would be more than happy to get out of here, go to park, run errands, etc, but I work nights in a trauma center and today is my catch up day for sleep.

I really don't know if I'm asking for help, or just needing to talk it out. If anybody can help though, please tell me what I can do to make this fear go away...please?

2. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

For the exact second?
    Unplug the landline. Yank the batteries out of the cell phone.
    Put a sign up on your door that reads, 'Don't even bother knocking...' and take some sleeping medicine.

I worked nights for 7 years. Plenty a time that lack of sleep would cause me to think things were way worse then they really were. Too many occasions I would go to bed thinking everything sucked and when I woke up I would just shake my head wondering what got into me the night before.

It is occasions like these that God created Tylenol PM and the like.

Don't forget to shut the bedroom door and make the room as dark and comfy cool as possible.

3. weolracso

weolracso OT Supporter

They're just people. Remember that.

4. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

That is some damn fine advice. First off, get some sleep. If they try to get a hold of you and you really don't want anything to do with them, try to talk to them rationally, but firmly before taking any futher action. And go a head and vent here- that's what we're here for :bigthumb: Good luck to you

5. bnfmsgeek

bnfmsgeek New Member

If you're overly worried about, and you've gotten enough sleep, first get a restraining order. If you're still worried you should talk to your doctor.

6. Xtort

Xtort New Member

is it possible to get a restraining order on your parents? :dunno:

7. chucklenut

chucklenut New Member

I don't know if this is the right way, but I think you need to let them hear it. Even if you have told them before. You're a man now, you have your own life and your parents contributed in no way. Tell them these things and tell them to fuck off or you will pursue harrassment claims.

8. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Break it off, and change your number again.

We have neighbours and they also have a private number, also you could contact your phone company and tell them to block certain numbers. Don't let your parents ruin your life, kick them out. You can achieve ANYTHING you want in life, and you have my blessing to do so because i definitly DO support you. Keep on pushing the bad people and things out of your life, you DONT need them.

9. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

The only power someone has over you, is the power that you give them.