A Novel View on Pickup

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Chip Chipperson, Jul 4, 2007.

1. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson New Member

For quite some time now I have been immersed in the culture of Pickup. I use the word culture with no hesitation, and perhaps the word is not strong enough. Pickup is a way of life. It forms a basis for not only every action a person takes, but every thought a person has running through his head. It makes him strive for change, to be the person he wants to, physically, socially, mentally.

And yet, lately, I feel something is missing from it.

It is not that the ideals of pickup are wrong. As I have stated, at its most fundamental points Pickup is really not far off from self help; having a positive look on life. But like all defined set of beliefs and ideals, the lesson is always taken too far, we react too strongly, with too much fervor, and become somewhat less human.

Interestingly, the internet has played a huge role in both the advancement and what I view as the ultimate bastardization of Pickup. The best way to show this is with examples. One pickup source on the net suggested walking up to a girl with your hands in the shape of a circle and saying "fist my asshole." Now, when I told my friends they all laughed, but I laughed back. Like most guys they just didn't understand, or they didn't want to. Their view of the world was simplistic and false, and not only were they creating sad lives for themselves they were also ego filled self loathing bastards. I tried it out. One girl in particular I remember. She put her fist through my asshole shaped hands and punched me right in the face. Most other girls responded with the same sentiment.

Yes, this is only one example from one source, but you'll find equally absurd things all over the place.

But this is not the actual problem, this is only the symptom. The problem runs much deeper.

I will put it plainly and harshly: The pickup community is unhealthily obsessed to the point of absurdism. We have delved so far into our world of Pickup that it is no longer applicable to the real world. We have flung ourselves to our knees in the name of the golden calf of Pickup without even noticing.

Don't get me wrong. Be more confident, talk to girls more often, talk to people more often, do things, be active, stop being such a fucking loser. But that is all it takes, the rest will come. The details matter little if at all. For gods sake, don't go asking offtopic for advice on the dating game. Jesus fucking christ. I don't know how to stress how fucking stupid that is. Go outside and live a little you fucking idiots. GET YOU SOME.

2. Abomb

Abomb New Member

you forgot lift weights and get a tan :)

3. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

I kinda get what you're saying, I'm just confused about one thing though.

How many gifts should I buy her before I ask her if I can kiss her?

4. kilamasta

kilamasta New Member

3 gift
    1- for being allowed to talk to her
    2- for being allowed to touch her ( light touch).
    3- for being allowed to kiss her.

Also, the value of the gifts must go up in a quadratic equation, which means you are gonna pay big time for sex. But hey that is how things are !?

Or even better : don't buy her a gift at first. She is gonna be wierded out that you talk to her. But, all of the sudden, buy her a really big expensive gift and tell her your deep feelings for her. Logically, you'll get sex.

5. ware_ru

ware_ru I know, I know, I'm amazing

ok so this is weird... i'm the real jkidd5 (queue that eminem song...) i was using my friend's account for a while because it has search capabilities; he changed the password now to be a prick and posted this thread along with "Sticky: 5 things you MUST know/do to pick up a girl" pm me if you don't believe me....

anyway I have, do, and always will say that learning pickup is not only important but absolutely vital for all guys. it is in general NOT a skill that comes naturally; and if you DO get it naturally you will have realized it by the age of 16 or so... by around that time you start to develop your identity as either a cool guy who gets girls or a chode who doesn't... and deep, identity level change is MOTHER FUCKING HARD and as far as i, or anyone else, knows... that deep change can only come from a MASSIVE amount of social experience... picking up

and you're NOT going to get laid by using ONLY techniques... a lot of people misunderstand the pickup community to teach guys how to like be these huge lame-o chode choppers who sleek along the streets then jump out with 10 hours of scripted material to get the girl into bed... not only is that not what the community teaches, but it is IMPOSSIBLE to do that... being cool (aka getting girls) is a SUBTLE thing.. it's not like some huge mega super routine that can get you a girl...

that said, for guys and for girls, if you don't have CHOICE with the opposite sex... how can you ever truly know whether you actually LIKE your SO or you are just backwards rationalizing liking someone WHO LIKES YOU and is your ONLY option? That is unfortunately how most guys get girls and that is the lamest fucking thing EVER (girls have more choice almost as a rule)... I made a post recently Why You Should Work on Your Pickup Skills (under the jkidd5 name) and that's a bit different... but the point is, yes, get your life together, become a positive person, and get out of your house. but pickup is a skillset, too. it doesn't just happen.

6. glass

glass New Member

good post.

yeah.. i think people tend to get too wrapped up in the tricks/special cases (e.g. "fist my asshole"), that they forget that common sense actually still applies to be successful (e.g. that in some contexts, basic politeness is more than enough).

7. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson New Member

Actually I would argue that it's sad to be a pimple-popping pussy home on a Saturday night jerkin it to whatever is on the frontpage of spankwire..but you know, to each his own.

As for that other kid, don't mind him. He's my former apprentice who was bugging me with his pickup bullshit. We both started out believing the same principles in the art of seduction then gradually went different ways. Now we hold very different views on pickup and life in general.

i'm the real jkidd5Well, at the very least I'm the one who's been giving advice on here for the last few months. If you don't believe me, PM me.

8. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

I don't know why you guys are both fighting over who you are, especially since I AM THE REAL JKIDD5

Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  9. ware_ru

:rofl: no i'm spartacus

i hate you

10. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

I figured I should do the decent thing here and point out that the "real" JKidd is ware_ru. I know this for reasons I'm not going to post.

Long story short, the account was being used by 2 people. One that gives good advice, one that gives odd advice. And I've known for a while that it was 2 people. Even Beast figured it out weeks ago. Anyway the owner of the account changed his password, so now the one that gives the good advice goes by the name of Ware_ru.

Just thought I should inform everyone.

ibjkidd5comesinandtrystosaydifferent

11. Motherfuckin .

JKIDD is now Ware_ru.

12. ware_ru

:) thanks bros

13. ware_ru

there's only room for one alpha male in this town, viper. so i suggest you pack your bags [​IMG]

14. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

If for some reason someone started to post under "Viper" and you had to make a new account wouldn't you want people to know that someone is only pretending to speak as you?

Not to mention it's funny as hell

15. You and a certain Ware_Ru think a lot alike. ;)

16. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Whoever wrote this, real JKidd or JKidd's friend, thank you.

17. NCS

NCS Active Member

i never looked deep into it but sometimes he was spot on and other times i'm like wtf am i reading and ignored it. so this makes sense