A modern woman ever just seem like a poor value proposistion?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by antihero, Jan 4, 2010.

1. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

Ok, I know I'm completely twisted in the head on this one, so I need someone else to make this thread.

Benefits of having a girlfriend:
    steady sex
    steady attention
    Someone to give you a hug when your down, soup when your sick, laugh when your jokes aren't funny, etc.

now here is the part where im tweaked. the following is a bit of a rant.

Cost of having a girlfriend:
    monogomy:
    loss of freedom and stifled sense of adventure. Every day is the same. no new surprises. Loss of that little "who knows?!" spring in your step. Its just not a fair trade for me. If my GF ever said, you can fuck other girls if i can fuck other guys, id consider that a huge bargain. If she said you can fuck other girls, if i can fuck other guys AND you have to take out the trash and clean the bathroom for eternity, that's still a fantastic deal. Don't get hung up on this, I can do monogamy, I'm just saying it comes at a very high cost to me.

loss of freedom:
    in addition to the few things you cant do, there are always a million things you can do that will piss her off

obligation:
    too often you end up doing things you don't really want to do. This doesn't always mean your girlfriend is a complete bitch. I HATE having a schedule. I tell my friends, im going to this place at this time I may stay or may not. join when you want. Call when leaving the house and ill tell you where i am. This drives girls NUTS. I guess I can kinda see it, but that doesn't make me not hate having to come up with a schedule and stick to it. I understand that its a reasonable request by a woman, but when you don't have a girl you can just do what you want. If i say ill probably be home around 2, that's an estimate, not a promise.

constant headaches:
    that completely innocent thing you just said makes me sooooooooooooo angry/sad/hurt/insecure/afraid/offended/insulted/agravated/unsure about this relationship/unsure of your real feelings/etc etc etc etc.

Something you had nothing to do with makes me sooooooooooooo angry/sad/hurt/insecure/afraid/offended/insulted/agravated/unsure about this relationship/unsure of your real feelings/etc etc etc etc.

you're late... for nothing. there is nothing happening that you missed. you are just later then i thought you would be and that makes me mad.

you didnt call... I wanted you to call even though you didn't have any reason to call. but it makes me mad that you didn't call, despite the fact that both of our phones are capable of placing calls.

jenny down the block gets more flowers/dinners/diamonds/whatever then me
    etc etc etc etc.

and my personal favorite: claiming that because i am not a huge nagging pain in the ass wet blanket stalker jealous nutjob who cant go a day without talking on the phone and actually try to be cool and make life easy and fun for everyone that i dont really care.

2. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

just sounds to me you don't want a GF. Nothing wrong with that. I think the benefits of a relationship far outweigh all those negatives you listed.

3. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

This is a thread I can support :bigthumb:

It actually amazes me that we are in the minority with this line of thinking.

4. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

and it also kinda sounds like you have experience with dating complete bitches who were on their period 24/7

5. Ep

Ep Guest

I agree with pretty much all of that. My last relationship I had lasted 3 years, and for the first year or so we were really doing quite well. We were totally casual about everything, no jealousy problems, no friend problems. After about a year though, she started losing her cool and pulling all that shit you listed. The "you don't care" crap ec

6. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

Holy fuck Anti :o, amazing post :bowdown:

7. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

added benefits to live-in gf:
    cooks eggs & oatmeal at 4:45am while you're getting ready to leave for the gym
    has dinner waiting when you get home
    folds your laundry
    rubs icey-hot on your back & shoulders when they ache
    massage and ultrasound on your torn muscles
    scrubs your back in the shower because you can't reach it

cons:
    same vag for the rest of the relationship (unless you swing but that's rare)

Honestly at this point in my life the pros outweigh the cons but can see why not having a steady gf is attractive to many people.

8. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

you know what bugs me the most? I LOVE dating girls. Girls know -how- to be cool and reasonable and fun and not a huge pain in the ass... but you girlfriend them up and so few of the changes are positive.

9. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Get a chick who is cool with you having an open relationship. I defer to JJJ for more info.

You may be dating the wrong women if you're constantly worried about "pissing her off."

Then again, I did just piss off my gf by making a comment about guidos that she took the wrong way and saying that I was attacking women :)wtf: woman logic) :bowrofl:

What kind of stuff?

Sometimes I do shit with my gf that I wouldn't really do if I was single, but it's fun because it's with my gf.

Sometimes I go to concerts of bands I don't really like, but she does the same with me.

And sometimes I say "no, that band sucks, I'm not gonna go" and she goes with a friend instead :dunno:

Sounds like you enjoy playing everything by ear.

Naturally that doesn't work in a relationship.

See my guidos comment :bowrofl: Only a chick could take me making fun of guidos as "attacking all women."

This.

Call and give updates. My gf says she hates the fact that I'm always late to everything but it's negated by the fact that I always call/txt with an updated ETA when I know I'm gonna be late.

Texting.

I've probably talked to my gf on the phone 10 times total in the 2+ years we've been dating. It fucking rules so hard I can't even begin to explain it.

Especially as a relationship progresses, you just run out of things to say. Those 5 hour long phone calls that happened at the beginning CAN'T happen anymore because there's just nothing to talk about. So when they don't happen, the chick gets all "oh noes, why aren't you talking to me for 5 hours anymore? What's wrong? drama drama drama!" But texting solves this issue by circumventing it entirely.

That's a disqualification criteria.

If a chick brings that up, she's retarded. Dump her.

Or, reply logically with "that's cuz jenny down the block's bf was apologizing for getting drunk and giving her a black eye last week. Still jealous? Go date a low quality loser then. Exactly." Know the whole story before bringing shit up.

Or "sure, I could get you a bigger diamond but oh yeah, our house will be paid off early and we're not in debt. Still jealous? GTFO out. You fail at finances and controlling jealousy." She'll probably cheat on you.

High quality womens pussies get wet at the thought of being financially responsible. Golddigging clubsluts are the ones who get jealous of the friends with the BMWs that they can't afford.

I didn't even understand that one.

10. Toda Party

Toda Party .....

I agree with pretty much everything. There are times when having a gf is great, and times when its a headache/stress. Overall I'm less stressed being single

11. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

simple fictitious example:

her: im going to the movie with annabelle and suzy q.

him: cool. Have fun with the girls. <give her a kiss goodbye>

her: you don't mind?

him: no its, cool. have a good time, ill go over to steves and watch the game.

her: YOU NEVER WANT TO SPEND TIME WITH ME!!!!! YOU DONT CARE ABOUT ME AT ALL!!!!! ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS FOOTBALL AND HANGING OUT WITH YOUR FRIENDS!!!!

12. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

OHHHH.

Sounds like my psycho ex.

Gotcha.

That's attention seeking behavior. It's a red flag.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  13. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

I initially misread the title as saying "prostitution". :mamoru:

14. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

I wouldnt be so quick to label everything a stunt. It feels real to them. i would say its more a manifestation of poor self esteem then it is "attention seeking"

15. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

It's a disqualification either way :dunno:

1) if it's a stunt, game playing = disqualified

2) if it's not a stunt, she's probably emotionally unstable = disqualified

Of course, every case is unique.

16. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

:dunno: never had that issue with current gf

17. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

takes about a year... :hs:

I would NEVER girlfriend a girl who pulled that while dating.

18. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

agreed.

19. Alaya

Alaya Active Member

:rofl:

You just sound like you date super emotionally high maintenance girls, find someome more chill :hsughno:

But I feel you. I've only dated one person that felt the same way I did regarding all this stuff which is pretty similar to what you're saying [my last serious relationship], and it's part of what made it the best/most healthy relationship I'd ever been in. Both of us were super low-maintenance, neither of us really had a jealous bone in our body, and I only go into crazy-irrational-girl-chicklogic-mode RARELY. I like to have a lot of freedom, and so did he, and so we were able to give it to each other without retarded fights or reading into anything. So.fucking.awesome.

You'd be surprised how many guys actually think like how you perceive chicks to feel in relationships. I had an ex that would puprosely try to make me jealous/blur the line of cheating because it made him "feel like I didn't care" because I never got jealous over stupid shit. Dated people that were the chronic "I need to check in with you every second I'm not with you" types. Drives me fucking nuts. If I'm out with my friends I wanna be out with my friends having fun not checking my phone every 2 seconds being rude because I know you're gonna start bitching at me tomorrow when it "took an hour to respond to you when I was out drinking." No, bro, I was just dancing and trying to have fun and didn't want to sit there on my phone the whole time easing your fucking insecurity :ugh2:

Ughhhhhhhhh. Just writing this out is making me go into "fuck relationships" mode lol.

20. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

Im just going to fly to Seattle and steal you Alaya.

No, you have no say in this

:love:

21. jtrem

jtrem Active Member

I think a lot of the stuff you said makes sense, but I also think views on this situation differ with the number of girls that a guy is able to get.

22. wilyfem

wilyfem Guest

Werd.

23. Bob Brown

Bob Brown bewshit, bewshit, bewshit

:rofl: I only usually hear those kinds of pros and cons from people who have been in relationships for like 7 years or something and just look back at single people with that sense of biased jealousy.
    Seriously, it is the 'life is always better on the other side' perception and sure there might be some truth to it, considering the odds played up to the number of millions of girls in the world. But if that is all you've seen in your life, then you need to probably find girls that aren't that way.
    And hey, sometimes I just enjoy having a schedule for important things instead of doing things last minute. I love being spontaneous, but not when I have to wait 5 hours for it to happen after first talking about it.

There are exceptions to everything and your opinion is one of them. I don't mean this as a bad way, but just that if those are your experience with girls and relationships, then you should probably find those that don't fit that criteria or enjoy singledom forever.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  24. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

in my experience, single people are jealous of people in relationships.

"why can't I find someone?"

25. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

love stinks..........yea yeaaaaaaa