A message to f&n from Dave Tate and friends

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by PurEvl, Feb 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PurEvl

PurEvl going out gassed and not half assed...

I have just spent that past ? looking all over the office for it. I walked into the warehouse, weight room and even asked a few of my staff members. Nobody has seen it. So now I am freaking out deciding what to do. Then it hit me. I walked into the bathroom storage closet and found what I was looking for.

I found a huge box of tissues and tampex for all the whiners posting on this forum.

Here you go. Wipe you face and get ready for the rant of the century.

What has the internet become but a stomping ground for a bunch of people to complain about this and that? You know what? The world in not a pretty place, deal with it. The world is not meant to be in total agreement, deal with it. Training is not easy, deal with it.

There is not one right or wrong answer. There is only Theory and I don?t give a shit what any sport science study says. So I am told study X says that wont get you strong. Really? So did they test a 275 pound guy jacked on a ton of test training hours per week with a bum lower back? Oh, sorry ? that one of the guys I am helping. Did they test the drug free 800 pound squatter who has been training 10 years? Oh, guess that forgot that one as well.

My point is training is an art and the best we can do is take in all we can and make the best decisions for our own training.

I for one was glad to see this article from Alwyn. Do I agree with all of it? Hell no I don?t and he knows it and you know what he could give a rats ass. What I do know is that Alwyn has more experience in the trenches that just about everyone who reads this site. What I am glad to see is he is now writing with an attitude about things he believes.

Now we are getting real.

The best training advice I was even given was always by ego driven lifters and coaches who had a strong believe it what they were doing NOT some bonehead trying to tell you how to grow 35 inch arms, easy. Well if is so easy then why do his arms look like shit?

Training is not easy and gains are not as we like. Regardless of what BS you read you will spend most of our training days stuck at plateaus. You will try different things but nothing will work. Then one day you will break it. It could take weeks or years. So you better wake up and realize that the path is not easy and learn to enjoy and master the process you are on.

The advantage we have with people like Alwyn is he has been down that path with many people and can offer Hint and Tips to help you along the way. Will they work? Some will some will not. Should you listen to all of them? Hell no! Take what you feel you need.

Now when he is challenged people freak out. Why? Is Alwyn a training god? Hell no, put 700 pounds on his back and you will see the fastest eccentric squat of all time (Sorry, dude I owned you that one from the whole Polar Bear thing). Does this mean everything he says is bullshit? Dos it man anything he says is bullshit? NO ? all it means is he is coming from a different paradigm and background. I come from a very strong powerlifting background where I think you all suck if you can bench 400. Don?t like it? I could care less this is how I feel. I also feel most people are weak as hell. Don?t like it? Who cares? This is how I feel. I also feel you have to prove who you are in your are coaching and/or writing. I could give a fuck where you went to school I want to know what you personally have down, who you trained and who you learned from. I also feel this is a good marker for everyone to follow. Never assume this work will be done for you. If you think a magazine will spend the time seeing if someone if for real you are dead wrong.

This is why I love to see articles challenged. This makes you think about what you are reading. We all need to keep an open mind to filter the bullshit that plagues the internet and media. Fucking, fuck those fuckers. I had to say that one for Alwyn.

Look, I did my research on Alwyn. I will be the first to tell you I know strength. This is my thing. I will not begin to tell you I know shit about mobility, function, nutrition and so on. I learned a long time ago to focus one thing and do it right. I feel I did this. I also feel NOBODY can master everything. By the time you do the research, gain the experience and pay your due there is too much to master. IT CAN?T BE DONE and I don?t give a fuck who you are. Give me any expert who says they have mastered everything and let me take him I the weight room with Elite lifters. I will show you they do not know shit! Now with this said, I also realized that it is important to build strong networks. Because you can?t master it all you need to set up with those who have mastered their own area. I honestly feel I have one of the best networks around and guess what? Alwyn is part of it.

The man knows his shit so read what he says and think. If you think he has an ego then I say it?s about time! Now you will see what the man is about and you will finally se his true talent. Now it is not hidden behind some bullshit get bigger biceps program (sorry dude had to do it). You are now seeing why he is part of my go to staff.

When I asked him for help with my program did I take all the advice. Are you fucking kidding me? Did the advice I did use help? You bet your ass it did but I knew how to take what he was saying and mess into my own personal belief systems

This is where most of you completely miss the boat. You follow without thought and to make it worse jump on those who do think. Who gives a shit if the questions are posed by a 16 year old that scales in at 155? If the guy is thinking then he will not be a pin head his whole life. Oh wait?.

That is as long as he takes action. This brings me to the next point about so many forums dwellers. Words without action gets you know where. You need to get your ass in the gym and get the job done. I have met far too many internet lifters that make me sick. They can quote you super training until they are blue in the face but have the worse squat form I have seen in my life. To all of you in this position wake the fuck up and get to the gym. Training takes years of hard work not hours in front of a key board.

Here is an idea since we are speaking about the squat. Take your CPU to the gym and use it for high box squats then take your mouse shove the cable up your ass and use it as a plum line to make sure when you squat you are not shifting off to the right. There you go two great uses for your computer.

Okay I have no idea what I have wrote but here is the deal.

Alwyn keep doing what you are doing. Now you are finally getting real. Fuck the other shit tell it how YOU see it and let them figure it out.

Belligerent ? keep blasting brother. You are filling the gap the way it should be.

To everyone else?. Who says you need to pick a side? Fuck um both do what works for you!

2. PurEvl

And to think hes a powelifter/strength guy...

Pl'ers...10 points

3. PurEvl

Some love from Jim Wendler

The problem that I have with some of the crap that I see being spewed is that it is simply retarded bullshit. End of story. I have spent my goddamn life trying to be stronger than a fucking ox and hanging out with people and training with people and work with a company that is 100% fucking dedicated to getting people strong. That is a fact.

Then I hear story after story of these people who are telling people how to get strong and putting out articles on this subject. Well, I call bullshit. I am not going to apologize anymore for being strong. And neither is Dave. I'm putting an end to this right now.

Just because some authors couldn't lift the shit that falls out of their ass doesn't mean they aren't good coaches. But if you really want to know how to get strong; and I'm not talking about bench pressing 315lbs. I'm talking about doing some sick-ass shit, then go seek out the freaks. Sure, they may not know the ins/out of Supertraining or whatever. But if you know what questions to ask, I guarantee they will have 10 times the information than any of these "coaches" do. If I have a question about training on getting strong, I'm asking Donnie, Marc, Chad, Dave, Todd, Lou, Chuck, etc. NOT someone that can barely lift a wiffle-ball bat.

These critics like to use the fact that many of us are genetic freaks (what a crock of shit) or that we are all drugged to the gills. That's their excuse for being able to fit through a chain-link fence. Again, excuses. You want to know what it's like to feel 405 and 3 blue bands/side and how to set up for that? Don't ask the "coaches", ask the guys that know what the hell it's like to feel like your head is going to blow off, even on the warm-up sets.

I have said this a 1000 times; getting strong hasn't changed in the last 100 years.

Lift heavy shit
    Eat some food
    Recover
    Repeat as necessary

More is not better, better is better. Whoever says differently is not better, just looking for a new way to get their name in print.

So to answer your question; the only advice I have for you is DO IT...try it out and see what happens. Even if it sucks, you will at least have something to cross off your list.

The theories being expounded by those "in the know" are full of theory and lack in practical education. Be different; actually do something. Before you know it, you will develop into a real lifter, not someone that sits at his desk like a waif-model.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.