A little tip for those who hurt their SO...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Guardfather, May 2, 2006.

1. Guardfather

Guardfather The Paradox

Every relationship has problems. Some more than others. Some people try to make a relationship work after one of them hurts the other. Which brings me to the point of this post...

If you hurt your significant other, and you two want to work it out, you need to be committed to being understanding about their pain. If you've done something to betray them and they are hurting as a result, you need to be extra sensitive to them while they recover from the blow you dealt them. If you two have made the committment to try to get through it, then you both have to make a great effort. Whoever hurt the other should take extra care to be patient, sensitive, and understanding.

If you can't do that, end the relationship because the desired healing doesn't occur in turmoil.

2. notsousual

notsousual New Member

Same goes for friendships, or relationships with anyone really. Once you screw up...you need to make up for it, or at least put in extra effort while the healing is going on.

But excellent point.

3. Marmot

Marmot Guest

Use lube

4. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

Great point, most people simply don't realize that it takes commitment, patience and genuine care or (love) to make any relationship work, romantic or platonic. Especially under turbulant circumstances both individuals have to be more sensitive towards one anothers pains/issues and work through them together.

5. notsousual

notsousual New Member

Any particular reason for posting this pearl of wisdom?

6. Guardfather

Guardfather The Paradox

Sigh... I guess I figured someone might ask.

I'm dealing with this situation now. She did something that hurt me, and she isn't being very good about the whole "be patient and understanding" part.

In the past, even if I weren't the one to hurt her, I was patient and understanding with her. Now when it's her time to have that consideration, she performs quite poorly. If she doesn't start to show more consideration, she's going to drive me away; probably for good. It's hard enough to forgive her without her acting selfishly and irrationally during these rough times. If I didn't love her, I'd damn sure have ended it a while ago.

/story

7. Pringles

Pringles New Member

this is what my ex lacked and this is why I'm not dating her.

8. notsousual

notsousual New Member

I'm sorry. Some people just dont get it until later...or ever. I hope things get better and she realizes what a jackass she's being, after she was the original jackass to begin with.

9. Guardfather

Guardfather The Paradox

She seems to be doing better. But it's been slow progress. She has been through a LOT, so I have to give her credit for trying at all. She's a good person, but she's got too much on her plate and sometimes gets too wrapped up in a single perspective.