A little story regarding the ex.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by knucks, Aug 17, 2008.

1. knucks

knucks Active Member

Once again, I need to write it out, maybe something like this will help others who run into the same situation..

So as some of you may know I dated a girl for a long time. We broke up, I regretted it, and then continued seeing each other. After a while I got sick of this "open" relationship we had as I couldn't imagine thinking about her being with anyone else, and we got back together. She told me she did not think it would be a good time, with her leaving for Florida at the end of summer, but we got back together anyways despite this. About a month went by and I went out to Canada, made the stupid mistake of making out with a random girl, realized that my relationship wasn't going anywhere, and broke up with her again. I wronged her twice in my mind, she claimed she understood, had gotten her closure, claimed there was no bad blood between us.

Fast forward a month or so and I got in contact with her despite what you all told me. We ended up going out to a comedy club, I was somewhat depressed in seeing her, things seemed not too awkward between us, though. We did not discuss anything about us. I told her to give me a call before she left for Florida, but never really expected she would, as it turns out she did not. So once again, I was upset that she didn't, but then I sat down and did some thinking:

Seeing as I was depressed after seeing her at the comedy club, seeing her before she left for ~5months would not have been good either, for me or her. If we were to mention anything regarding how things were, well, it could have sparked those feelings I have been trying to avoid, and I just do not believe that is called for at this point at all.

Do I want to be friends with her still? Yes. Is there ever going to be a time when things are not awkward between us, like Jerry and Elaine in Seinfeld? Once again, I hope so, but I don't know. She was such an integral part of my life that it is hard letting go of the social interactions with her. I do hope she keeps in touch and does get back to me on how Florida is, if not during her time there, then at some point when she gets back, but I am definitely not holding my breath.

/rant

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

You make me pretty sad man. Anyone who knows your story (me :mamoru:) knows you are just obsessed with getting her attention and affection once again just because now she just really doesn't give a shit about you. Stop being in denial. You know you can't be friends with her until you are over trying to get her (and don't deny it, a part of you would jump at the chance if she gave it to you).

Leave her alone. Let her go to FL. Don't talk to her and maybe in 5 months you'll finally be ready to be friends with her, but by that point she really might want nothing to do with you. I certainly am not friends with the bf I was in love with who cheated on me :dunno: So you have to deal with what you did.

3. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Active Member

:hug:

I stopped talking to my ex nealry a year ago cold turkey because i/we just couldn't make the friendship work. The last time I saw her we were arguing and she pretty much told me flat out that we weren't friends because we never hung out. :nuts:

I got upset when i thought about how coldly she said we weren't friends and the reason she gave me. I still wanted a relationship, though, so I ended up realizing it was time to not talk to her for a long while. She sent me a text that i ignored and a christmas card last year, both of which went un-responded.

It's not been easy. I still think about her a lot, but its slowly turning into the thoughts of "has enough time passed for us to make a friendship work" and i often think no because i still catch myself having feelings for her. I don't know if that time will ever come, and if she'll forgive me for cutting her off cold turkey.

/rant

Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  4. knucks

knucks Active Member

The thing is that I completely enjoy not being in a relationship with her. Everything from being single right now and having fun, to eating whatever I want whenever I want (she was allergic to A LOT of foods).

You are right though, I completely miss the attention from her and it sucks not getting it anymore. Once again, I wish she would straight up tell me to fuck off, rather than tell me everything is okay and etc etc.

I wouldn't consider getting back together with her, though.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2008