a little perspective post-breakup

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by JohnJohnJohnson, Dec 27, 2006.

1. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

And advice for people still in relationships.

Joel Kramer, paraphrased by Neil Strauss:

"We have this idea that love is supposed to last forever. But love isn't like that. It's a free-flowing energy that comes and goes when it pleases. Sometimes it stays for life; other times it stays for a second, a day, a month, or a year. So don't fear love when it comes simply because it makes you vulnerable. But don't be surprised when it leaves, either. Just be glad you had the opportunity to experience it."

What I wasn't getting before was that sometimes it just happens that way. I wasn't getting that after the breakup, but I also wasn't getting it during the relationship, which probably accelerated the breakup. Love just happens sometimes and all you can do is enjoy it while it is there.

What I really feel worst about is not enjoying those last two months as much as I could have. I wasted them worrying about the end of the affair. We experienced something together, whether or not it was always as strong for her as it was for me. It went away. I was stunned. Kramer suggests that I should not have been surprised.

It was fantastic to have happened and while I certainly miss experiencing it with her, specifically, I would not be unwise to seek it elsewhere. :love:

On the other hand if she won't even be friends with me now, then what I fell in love with was a stupid girl with great social skills. :madfawk: Time will tell.

2. Abomb

Abomb New Member

Your posts seem to be moving away from player-like more towards nice-guy sappy type.

3. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

:rofl: I'm just not posting my field reports. Since the vag isn't a pick-up community, I would be the only one posting, which would put pressure on me as the entertainer... don't need any more pressure, so I'm just writing up the reports and saving them for later posting.