GUN A little help with an idea? :x:

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Little Erve, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Little Erve

Little Erve New Member

I want a .303 Lee Enfield however I have a few questions that some of you more knowledgeable gunaholics might be able to answer.

First off, I want to sporterise one. I hear this is looked upon negatively? :dunno:

But anyway, I want one of these stocks [​IMG]

Now my next problem is that they're all right-handed so I hear, well I'm not. What I was thinking was that I could cut the handle off the bolt and extend the bolt handle so it's longer and bending it over the top of the action so that it sits on the left hand side.

Now obviously the throw of the bolt will be upside down, I think I can live with that and I can mod the bolt myself. (presuming it'd clear the scope and the stock).

Any thought's comments? :wiggle:

2. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

It'd be a hell of a project to mod an enfield to shoot left handed (at least I think it would. I'm not sure if it qualifies as a project or not). As for the haters it's an old cheap gun with millions of them in circulation. More importantly it's your gun. If the gun shoots better after you're done then who gives a shit what other people think about it? I put my Mosin M38 on a Monte Carlo stock and it shoots a LOT better for me now. One of these days I'll get around to putting a scope mount on it.

3. VanCandy

VanCandy New Member

itd be a tricky thing to do with the bolt, but go for it. Hell, dunhams has them on sale right now for like $160, but these are the more rare U.S PROPERTY ones.

4. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

You could always get a scout style mount so the bolt can move without anything in the way. May be a hassle to have it that way, but then you could do the bolt mod.

5. Little Erve

Little Erve New Member

you guys are actually helpful :eek3: :love:

Another quickie, does anyone remake parts for these? I saw that M10 thing but I want a warhorse. I'm just not such a huge fan of replacing used parts with used parts.

6. striker754

striker754 Chillin

how are you going to do the bolt with the picture you posted? Gonna have to be one TALL bolt handle to clear that

7. Little Erve

Little Erve New Member

Yeah I know, it's gunna be ugly but practical (if it works). I wonder what parts you'd have to mod to swap the action around.

8. TwoGuns

TwoGuns Medical Crew

I'd do it to a Mauser or a Mosin, but there's no way I could ever cut up an Enfield. They're so nice. :love:

Also, ATI stocks are WORTHLESS TRASH. Don't waste your money. Plus I hear accuracy problems with sporterized Enfields cause they shoot alot different without the pressure of the stocks on the barrel.

And .303 is expensive.

9. Little Erve

Little Erve New Member

Interesting. I think I'd prefer not to cut up a Mauser. So why do you say ATI are crap? :dunno:

Oh and interesting point about the barrel. I just really love the action on em but it sucks as there's no left handed ones.

Oh and it's a little different over here with bullet consumption :mamoru:

10. TwoGuns

TwoGuns Medical Crew

Alot more Mausers than Enfields, I wouldn't wanna cut one up. There are already plenty of sporterized enfields.

ATI stocks are shitty. I've seen few that weren't warped or bowed in some way. They just look cheap and feel shitty. In fact I honestly can't say I've ever seen an ATI product I've liked.

You know, if you really want a left-handed bolt, it'd be alot easier if you just bought a used left-handed hunting rifle somewhere. :dunno:

11. Little Erve

Little Erve New Member

Yeah I know, but I want a left handed SMLE :sad2:

12. TwoGuns

TwoGuns Medical Crew

Well why do you want an SMLE if you're just gonna sporterize it?

I'm sure you could pay a shitload and have a custom reciever made.:bigthumb:

13. reman

reman New Member

get a wood stock, looks better and its easier to modify than a plastic one.