A little help wanted in regards to my leg workout

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by JoeyCrack, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeyCrack

JoeyCrack Active Member

I basically destroyed my right leg a year and a half ago and had knee surgery along with fractures in all 3 leg bones. Also while learning to walk properly again I managed to strain my left knee. Long story short I am now working out and doing fine with both my knees. During my leg workouts which admittedly have been light and careful I have started doing hack squats and upping my weight. For the first time I really feel no resistance in my knee. Would it be a good idea to start doing squats on say a smith machine in order to feel my body out or is this the type of injury that I should just avoid squats all together?

2. PurEvl

PurEvl going out gassed and not half assed...

hacks hurt most more then any other leg movement so if your not feeling pain there I would think your would be better off elsewhere.

3. JoeyCrack

JoeyCrack Active Member

I haven't really tried "normal squats" if there is such a thing persay but I know that when I had about 6 months ago I could feel the hardware in my knee but now I really seem alot more flexible. I guess I'll just start light and work my way up to avoid getting hurt

4. Neo22

Neo22 OT Supporter

Try normal squats with just the bar and see how it feels. Go up with the weight from there.

5. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

lunges, stepups, all types of hamstring exercises

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.