A Little Help From The Fitness Gurus Wanted!

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by jjski78, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjski78

jjski78 New Member

Hi everyone! I'm new to OT, and am trying to get myself back in shape. Here's the story. I'm 28, 6'3", 250. Not a nice 250 either. January '06 I weighed 220, and quit smoking. In the past year I've gained the extra 30 pounds of flab. On top of quitting smoking I also eliminated fast food, and cut my red meat down to once a week. I eat healthy, and keep my portions down, but I still put on weight. I've been going to the gym here on base doing an hour on an elliptical in the fat burn program 5 days a week. It only gets your heart rate up to about 125, and according to the personal trainer here on base, that's where you want to be for burning fat. But since I'm not losing anything, I'm not so sure. I only consume 1200 calories a day and I'm still not losing weight. Another problem I have is asthma. Running is totally out of the question as it always triggers a nasty attack.

Now here's my question. What am I doing wrong? This is really starting to depress me. It seems like I'm doing everything right, but I can't drop any weight. I would like to get down to 200, and drop a few inches off my waist. I'm not looking to be a bodybuilder, just want to not be a fatty anymore. Anyone have any advice for me?? I get disgusted every time I look in a mirror. Thanks in advance for any help!

2. PepsiMax

PepsiMax New Member

Read stickies, red meat isn't back, lift weights, track your calories.

3. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

you arent eating enough. read the stickies and archives. post later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.