A little freaked out...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by PunkInDrublic, May 10, 2005.

1. PunkInDrublic

PunkInDrublic Active Member

So my girlfriend is coming back from being abroad for 4 months and has been off the pill for that time. I sent her pills a couple weeks ago so she could start. She thought she would have her period sooner, but she's just having it now. She says she has to start taking them the Sunday after her period. That will be the day after she gets back. So I asked her how long we had to wait for the pill to be effective, and she said that it was early enough in her cycle that it was unlikely she would get pregnant and it was ok even without the pill... :ugh:

How full of shit is she? :noes:

I'm not trying to make another "I'm too lazy to use protection, looks like I'm going to be a father" thread, I'm just curious if what she said holds any truth.

2. ChatChai

ChatChai OT Supporter

DON'T DO IT! :nono: If you miss one day during the time you are taking it then maybe but she was off for four months. It takes a month of taking it for it to take effect. That is what the doctor told my girlfriend when she went off of it for a while. If I went without sex for about four months I don't blame her for fudging the truth to get down with the dirty. Good luck. :x:

3. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

The doctors will tell you that to make sure that your body takes to it, but if you've been on that same pill before and it worked fine then you should be able to go by the instructions inside the pill package that say to wait 7 days after you start the first pill before trusting it to do its job.

This is why I like the mini-pill; you start taking it when your period starts rather than waiting till the first Sunday after it ends.

Anyways, I wouldn't trust her for that. Everyone ovulates at different points in their cycle & sperm can live for 3-5 days in the uterus under the right conditions. So there could still be some survivers in there when she does ovulate. I would at least wait until she has taken the 7th pill of that pack before doing anything without protection. Especially since she hasn't taken the pill for 4 months so her cycle could be out of whack when she starts up again. Who knows...she could ovulate before the pill takes full effect again & that wouldn't be a very fun experience.

4. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

from what i understand, is that it's extremely difficult to get pregnant while actualy on your period as long as she doesn't start ovulation immediatly (which usualy happens in the middle of her cycle). it's possible to get pregnant, but not likely.

imo, fuck her brains out, she'll appreciate that. but put on a condom first.

5. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

This is true...however, say her period ends on a Monday, she then has to wait until the coming Sunday before she can start taking it. Then once she starts taking the pill it'll be 7 days before it's fully effective. So by the time the pill is actually effective she will have already passed through 2 weeks after her last period ended. Assuming she ovulates around the two week mark she could ovulate before the pill is fully effective & there's the chance of an accident happening. I'm just stating this for general reference; not saying it directly relates to the OP situation. :)

I had a former friend who kept taking her pills (combination pills, not the mini-pill) while she was pregnant to keep her mom from finding out. In her situation it didn't do anything to the baby (which i think is lucky), so if someone did happen to ovulate/fertilize an egg before the pills kicked in fully then it's possible it could manage to survive.

I'm also overly cautious sometimes, so if anyone's reading this who doesn't really care about caution then they can just disregard my post. :p

6. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

i was talking about without the pill considered at all...

7. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

Oh, okay...sorry about that then. :big grin:

8. lauren

lauren Active Member

how many threads are we going to make about the pill???? wtf?

assuming your body takes to it, bc is effected the first day you take it if you do the sunday start.

9. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

because this is a sex forum and people have questions, we could sticky all the answers and make a database. but you know what? that'd make this orum really goddamn dull.

10. Diedemus

Diedemus Google is my HMO

in a word, COMPLETELY :nono:

11. PunkInDrublic

PunkInDrublic Active Member

12. audrey

audrey New Member