SRS A little down.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by CopenKagan, May 30, 2006.

1. CopenKagan

CopenKagan OT Supporter

So over the past week or so I have felt somewhat down and generally unmotivated. I think it has had several sources. The first being work. My boss, Ryan, put in his 3 week notice. Well, when this happened, by the natuaral flow of things, Chris should have moved into Ryan's position, and then I would have moved into Chris' position.

However, this doesn't seem to be the case. Simply because the person that would wind up taking my position can't compose himself, let alone a crew. So, for the time being, it looks like I'm stuck being the shop supervisor instead of what I really want to do, which is graphic design and computer operation. This may change in the next couple of months by bringing on an employee who can acutally be productive for not only himself, but also make time to make sure the others are keeping busy.

Second. About 2 months ago my girlfriend Emily and I broke up. This didn't come as a huge shock to me as this was the second time we had been together and we were having the same problems as the first time. So basically I've just gotten somewhat lonely because I'm used to the company. I can solve it with friends and such, but it's just not the same.

And lastly, I've been having a hard time with my dad's death. It's been just over 9 months since he passed. Most of the time it's fine and I can deal with it, but over the past 3-5 days, I have really been missing him. I just think of what I wouldn't do to be able to hang out with him on a Saturday afternoon. So yesterday (Sunday, May 28) I went to his grave. It was kind of a hard thing to bear, but at the same time, it felt like he was there with me (for those of us who are religious). It felt like he gave me a big hug to let me know that he still loves me and that someday I will see him again.

2. GlassUser

GlassUser send an email not a pm OT Supporter

Welcome to life. Do you drink? A short term "solution" is to lay off the booze for a couple of weeks. It tends to have lingering effects. Also, do you exercise? Regular exercise raises endorphine levels (making you somewhat high, but naturally) and helps regulate other brain juices. It's obviously not a replacement for medical intervention, where that's necessary, but it sounds more like you're dealing with the regular blahs of life, and you're not a headcase.

Or you could just talk to someone about it. Which is what you're doing now. In which case you don't need the above advice, you just need someone to listen to. So I'll shut up.

3. CopenKagan

CopenKagan OT Supporter

Well first off, no, I don't drink I haven't in some time, although I would love a drink or three lately. Yes I do exceesixe regularly. But it seems like once I've cooled down its the same thing.Your probably right and life just sucks right now. I just needed to bitch about it.

Last edited: May 31, 2006
  4. GlassUser

GlassUser send an email not a pm OT Supporter

It comes and goes for everyone. You're not a headcase because you feel down from time to time. Sounds like you're doing the managing part just fine.