COMIC A little confused (intro?)

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by y0gfx, Apr 12, 2006.

1. y0gfx

y0gfx BURAAAJYANAII!!!

Hey..I'm new here etc. and I've been getting back into comics. That Civil War seems really interesting to me. I'm just a little confused about things. I wiki'ed House of M and saw that Spiderman: House of M seemed totally ...not canon. I'm thinking of picking up house of M 1-8, but I'm not sure what to expect. Sorry for not having a straight question, but hopefully someone could explain a few things to me about House of M and stories afterwards.

2. Spidey_C

Spidey_C Play to win.

Check one of the sites in the sticky. I forgot which one has the entire series. It's a really good series.

3. axio

axio New Member

Unlike past Marvel megaarcs, House of M is canon... kinda.

Scarlet Witch had a mental breakdown in Avengers Disassembled, killed a few people, and then was taken away by Magneto. Quicksilver gave her the idea to create a world where mutants are the ruling class and Scarlet Witch uses her powers to remake all of reality. So everything that happened in the House of M comics is part of the main timeline (although this will prob get retconned a few years down the road). Scarlet Witch gave Peter Parker the ultimate life: no dead Uncle Ben, no dead Gwen Stacey, JJ is his peon, etc. Should be happy right?

But a big part of the House of M was that everyone somewhat remembered the past, in Peter's case it manifested as him being the "real" Green Goblin and him destroying his life forcing him to seek out everyone else and to have his mind "fixed" so he knows what really happened.

Everything was sorta fixed at the end of House of M, but there aren't as many random mutants running around, and they are putting limits on their powers (thats what Civil War will be about).

I thought Spider-Man's House of M arc was one of the best Spidey stories written in a while.

4. lazyjk

lazyjk Uncle Sam wants you for the NEW Freedom Fighters!!

5. y0gfx

y0gfx BURAAAJYANAII!!!

Ok. I guess I'll pick up house of m then x men 198...those seem interesting to me.

6. your_mom

your_mom Active Member

there's more repercussions than that though. i doubt they'll retcon this because many of teh characters remember about theirs lives during the House of M. wolverine regains all his memories and peter parker is depressed because now he knows deep down that he really wanted to be with gwen stacy