GUN A good reason why anyone who can should CCW

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Oct 11, 2006.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Of course it happend in LA where law abiding subjects are disarmed

LA Cops Say Little Girl Was Targeted By Gangster
    (Los Angeles, CA) -- Los Angeles police say they believe three-year-old Kaitlyn Avila was shot intentionally at point blank range by a teenaged gang member possibly trying to "earn his stripes." LAPD Deputy Chief Charles Beck said in a press conference yesterday that the killer approached Kaitlyn, her six-year-old sister and her father Cesar while they were getting out of their car outside their apartment building in Baldwin Village on October 1st. Beck said it wasn't an accident or a case of Kaitlyn getting caught in a crossfire. Beck said the shooter intended to kill her. Police arrested one suspect who they believe was an accomplice. They are now looking for 17-year-old Jonathan Banks, who they allege was the trigger man. Officers say they suspect Banks thought Cesar Avila was a member of a rival gang and then allegedly aimed his gun at Kaitlyn and shot her in the chest. There is a 50-thousand-dollar reward for Banks' arrest.

They got the fucker but whatever punishment he gets wont be harsh enough

SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. -- San Bernardino officials confirm an arrest has been made in the case of the 3-year-old girl gunned down in Baldwin Village two weeks ago.

Police on Monday identified the suspect as Jonathan Durrell Banks and said he shot Kaitlyn Avila in the chest at point bank range, killing her intentionally -- a callous execution that went beyond even what gang members consider usual.

The shooting occurred about 2:45 p.m. on Sept. 24. Cesar Avila and his daughters Kaitlyn, 3, and Kassey, 6, had just arrived at their home in the 4500 block of Pinafore Street after lunching at a McDonald's when a gunman walked up, shouted a gang slogan and opened fire, authorities said.

Kaitlyn was killed and her father, a glass worker who appears to have been mistaken by the shooter for a gang rival, was critically wounded, according to police. Kassey witnessed the shooting, but was not hurt.

Police said the gunman and his accomplice sped away in a gray Chevrolet Pacifica.

The suspected getaway driver, Laron Lee Larrimore, 26, was arrested Friday afternoon at a motel in the 3500 block of Slauson Avenue by a joint LAPD-FBI task force, police said.

"The arrest of the second suspect will calm tensions, alleviate the fears of residents over their safety and help promote community peace," Hutchinson said.

2. DaJMan

DaJMan When i was young, i dreamed of being a baseball

there are some seriously screwed up people out there...!

a west virginian police officer was telling me the other day that there is a gang that is making their way into north WV, and their innitiation ritual is to kill police officers... some twisted shit

3. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

How would a ccw have prevented his daughter from being shot?

4. daviid

daviid cell tower tech

ive never gotten this pissed off like i am right now after reading that

5. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If the father had been carrying he may or may not of been able to stop the attack, it happend in the middle of the day I'm sure there had to be other people around also.

6. Gimik

Gimik New Member

It doesn't even make me mad anymore. It just makes me tired and disgusted. I think I'm becoming a bitter man.

7. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

more strict gun control = more gun crimes

8. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

I'm going to quote my brother on this one, "Stuff like this makes me think we need a Darth Vader, only he's good. You know, no mercy whatsoever."

9. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

Seriously. What the fucking hell?!!??!?!?! Who the fuck on this hugeass earth thinks shooting a little sweet 3 year old girl in the head face to face is a brave or manly thing to do. I mean what gang on earth could honor that as an actual kill. I hope the gang doesnt like how that went down and beats him to death slowly.

Cocksucker :rl:

10. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

I'd love to personally kill every gang member on the face of the earth. And if their happens to be a gang under the face of the earth, you know, living in caves and whatnot, I'd kill them too. I don't care if they're a murderer/rapist or just a shoplifter, if they are a member of a serious gang, they deserve to be killed.

It's pretty sad that it's a "tough guy" thing to be in a gang, when the entire premise of these gangs is having a bunch of other guys watching your back, because you're not man enough to fight someone yourself.

11. Jon91SE

Jon91SE OT Supporter

I am sure this was in a lovely neighborhood too :hsugh:

12. Thumper

Thumper OT Supporter

I live in the northern panhandle of WV within an hour of DC, PA, MD and VA. We have not had any police officers killed around here but there is definitely gang activity and a serious drug problem.

When I preordered my PS3 today I asked if they would be doing a midnight madness pick up type deal and one of the guys started telling me that when they launched the 360 a guy got beat to an inch of his life walking out of WalMart with it (in the same shopping center as the Gamestop) at midnight so they didn't know if they would do it or not. I just patted my hip and said there are solutions to that type of stuff.

13. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

:rofl: What?

14. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

Maybe he could have seen it coming. When I'm on the street and I see someone walking towards me that looks shady my hand is at least on my backup piece in my pocket :dunno:.

15. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Perhaps but it seems unlikely. Most parents naturally move in front of their children if they think there is danger. It seems as though he never even got that far.

16. Big Daddy

Big Daddy New Member

These gangs are not human, they just walked up on him probably with his back turned and blasted her..

17. DaJMan

DaJMan When i was young, i dreamed of being a baseball

the guy was a Wheeling city cop, he was saying that the crime rate has dropped significantly since he started work in the 80's... but then went on to say the latest info their getting is to watch out for these gangs

you live in a beautiful part of the world btw, im seriously hoping to move out that way in a year or too

18. bjonesy77

bjonesy77 New Member

this is crazy, i mean that is just re-fucking-diculous.........i live in cincinnati ohio which has a fair amount of gang activity and even more of a drug trade. just 2 weeks or so ago 2 people were killed in the crossfire less than half a mile from my house. im only 19, so a CCW license isnt an option....i carry a 5" gerber but thats about it....What do you guys recommend for protection at my age.....

19. Gimik

Gimik New Member

knife and some OC spray?

I'm not even sure that's legal where you live.

20. Thumper

Thumper OT Supporter

Thanks man. I really like it out here. I still miss where I grew up, Annapolis, MD, but there is such a variety of things to do around here and you are not too far from several major cities.

Slowly becoming a WV boy.

21. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

Good, maybe you can vote some sense into WV reciprocity. :mad:

Backward ass state :rant:

(where I was born :o )