A good polish / wax combo?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by WiLL, Nov 21, 2005.

1. WiLL

WiLL Active Member

Ive been reading this forum for the last 45 mins or so hoping to get an answer to my question...but no luck. So I thought I would just flat out ask.

I am looking for a good polish and wax. I see that there are many "stages" of polish and many different types of wax. I really dont know where to go for what I need.

I see that Vanilla Moose, NXT, and Poorboy is pretty popular. I was very close to getting the EX sealant and the Paste Wax (both BLUE because the car is a dark green Integra). Would those two from Poorboy be a good choice for $40 shipped? All I want is a basic polish and wax that will be easy to put on and remove by hand.

Thanks. The pictures here are great. :hs:

2. hayguyz

hayguyz New Member

i am using this combo
    optimum polish, meg #80, red machine glaze, EX w/ carnauba

i guess use the same thing, just substitute red machine glaze with vanilla donkey

scott your combo did a sweet job on my 240

3. exceldetail

exceldetail New Member

Minor swirls, Optimum Polish with UPP works real well with me. Also the SSR line and EX-P is real nice.....If you feel the need for VM, (Depth, gloss) then go for it, great product for everything but tires and seats!

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

:cool:

5. Pussysmith

Pussysmith Banned

Get on ebay and search for Klass. Then buy the kit that has the 16.9 ounce Klass All In One and the Klasse Sealant Glaze in it. This is all you need to make your vehicle look amazing. I think costs were $45.00 for the kit (includes applicators and microfiber towels) and then $6 shipping. If you really want you can top it off with a coat of a wax like S100 also but I doubt its really needed.

6. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

You need more than that. AIO is a chemical abrasive, and will not always fit the bill. You will need abrasive polishes as well sometimes. Whatever I put on a car as an LSP depends one what I am going for (longevity, looks, etc) and the color/type of paint it is (plain, metallic, pearl, etc).

7. Pussysmith

Pussysmith Banned

I agree but for the standard home enthusiast I think Klass AIO followed with SG will give a suitable result. Not to mention it will be leaps and bounds better than just slapping some Turtle Wax on there.

8. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Jeff's Werkstatt kills Klasse. Similar acrylic based polish and sealant but with nanotechnology. Same as Carlack 68, just sold here under the Werkstatt name. Acrylic Jett is much easier to use than SG and is much wetter looking.

If you already have AIO, AJ works great over it, as you can see:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

However, if deeper polishing is needed, you should do that first.