SRS A girl I met through OKcupid

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by tubachris85x, Jul 30, 2008.

1. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

Well, its not so much I wasnt expecting much from online dating, but moreso a matter of time before something would pop up. This girl so far seems to be really into me, and she's pretty cool so far. She's a year older, not an issue, shouldnt be really lol. Been talking on AIM alot, even now, and she gave me her #, and we've been texting back and forth all day yesterday and today.

She's currently out of town, helping her parents move into another place and wont be back till August 20th. So far, Ive never directly asked her out yet, but she's been openly saying that she wants to hang out with me when she gets back and wants to "kick my ass in 'perfect dark'" rofl

Right now, she seems to be suggesting that she wants to go see an IMAX flick with me lol

Would it be safe to assume that she's really into me?

2. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

I met my GF through okcupid even though I wasn't exactly looking. Don't read to much into something you're not sure of. She probably wants to see what exactly kinda chemistry you guys have, but you're not over any bridge yet.

3. hawk_196

hawk_196 Light Yourself on Water

if you have to ask..

4. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

Yea, just dont want to misread what's happenning and get my hopes up to soon.

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Umm, yes

Don't know what else this chick has to do to make you see that. But calm down, you've never even met her yet. Don't get ahead of yourself...

6. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

rofl just making sure

Im not, I got awhile before I even meet her, so Im taking this slooooooooooooooow lol

7. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

Oh crap, wrong forum!!!!!!!!!!

I had several windows minimized and thought this was the Vag....

8. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

yes, but don't overdo the talking before you've met and generated a spark, otherwise you'll both likely build up the other person, and then the meeting will be a disappointment

9. ASoT

ASoT New Member

August 20th is a long time to keep her interested. You'll have to put in all this effort with no reward until a long time from now, hope you're prepared for it.

10. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

Oh like I said, Im not going to worry to much about it. I dont know if it will even go anywhere. Just for the hell of it, I asked if she wanted to go to a pink floyd lightshow at the Imax, and she said yes to it. (wanted to see batman in imax, but our Imax dosnt have it :ugh:)

Will see where this goes, but she seems pretty anxious to meet me. Plus, Im doing some construction stuff for a sorority house on the 14th

11. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Id say give it a shot, but don't expect too much off it.

12. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

have you seen pictures of her yet?

13. eljefedetonto

eljefedetonto OT Supporter

go for it. imho, with okcupid and other dating sites, it's better to meet sooner than later, or else you'll have all these expectations of each other built up.

14. iwishyouwerebeer

:werd: He could meet her and find out she's a nightmare in person. Internet pictures are unbelievable.

15. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

Yes, I have. If I have to compare her, she's the same body type as my ex, it's true. But that dosnt really bother me, she has a good face. Like I said, Im taking this one day at a time and Im not going to *get my hopes up* yet.

16. Arkaybee

Arkaybee New Member

The interwebz lie!

I met a girl over the net and she was really cute in her pictures (I'd seen like 7 different pics of her) and she was really cool to talk to over the phone/text but when we met in real life, I was :io:

17. shaysomething

shaysomething Hmmmmmmm.

I met my last boyfriend online, and we were together for a year. I agree; it was a great relationship, and you can meet some pretty nifty people online. As long as you're careful.

18. Redneck Shinobi

That says wonders about you. I'm not here to insult you, but I wouldn't brag about being shallow.

Looks honestly aren't everything and I do agree with meeting her sooner than later, you will build up expectations, but if she is truthful in the way she speaks online, you honestly won't find much of a difference in the person you "know". My gf and I had a friends period of 3 months before we started dating officially. You're doing just fine, you got a while to go and you accept it. My gf was an 83% match or something for me, and honestly we do get along great.

19. eljefedetonto

eljefedetonto OT Supporter

That's hardly a fair statement. Yeah, you're supposed to put your best foot forward, but if someone's pictures hide some normally glaring physical shortfalls (myspace angles), that's pretty deceptive and you can't be surprised when someone bails because you don't look like you do in your pictures at all. Way back in high school, I used to get hit with a number of girls who tried to pull that off.

I have some pretty bad pictures of myself but the ones I use are recent and still show my body, face, teeth, and other stuff that's usually easy to cover up in a picture. Looks may not be everything, but I think they're equally as important as personality in terms of attraction.

20. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

Im not too worried, she posted/shown me pics of her with friends and such, full body shots, so I can tell she's not trying to hide anything.

21. Redneck Shinobi

I think it's a fair statement considering how he described it. He set himself for her not being like in his head more than anything, I don't care if the pictures didn't show everything. If that same person still showed up, its the same one who was "cool". Too me that's being shallow if you can't look beyond the negatives, you'll never be happy. There is always going to be someone a little bit better.

22. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

sometimes pictures can be misleading, and when you see them in person, they just aren't physically attractive to you.

Looks aren't everything, but come on, dates and relationships have a physical attraction factor to them, and if that's not there, why waste your time?

It all depends on what you are looking for. When I look for a romantic partner, I have to be physically attracted to her.

I don't see it as being shallow, it just is what it is.

23. Redneck Shinobi

I may be reading more into him being shallow than I should, and I'm not here to debate the rules of attraction. I think it's rude to base a final opinion on someone based on looks. Of course you are going to want to be able to see that person gradually get disgustingly old, but come on. I have never see a case of myspace angles where you didn't have a clue before hand. The person would have to be honest with you in that department regardless, because you will have to meet. If it's a completely different person and they were pretending to be their friend, then okay I agree. If it's someone who shows up not looking as good as their picture, then yes, you're shallow.

24. iwishyouwerebeer

:rofl: I have seen some UNBELIEVABLE myspace angle pictures. I'm talking girls that had a pretty face and even looked thin but the second you saw an actual body shot your mouth opened. I'd find some but then I'd have to look through the main forum. They always find them.

25. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

you're an idiot. Physical attraction is a primary factor in starting a relationship. If you don't want to fuck someone, then all you want is friendship, unless you're absolutely desperate, in which case you're misleading them into thinking they have something with you.