SRS A girl at work

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by familyguy101, Jan 29, 2008.

1. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

She is very pretty and my age. I think a year younger actually. I've known for a while that she has had the hots for me, but 2 months went by and I figured that she lost interest since I rarely talked to her. Then she texted me 2 times today asking me some dumb question and when I replid, she said "thanks gorgeous", and then sent me a ;-) symbol. Then today I had 2 more people tell me that she's got the hots for me still. I am her boss at work. I talked it over with a few people at work and they said that they don't think I should date one of my workers. I want to finally get a girlfriend, but I think I should pass this up since I am her boss.

My question is: Is it okay for me to make a move on her? I do plan on working there for possibly another year or so. If it is okay, then how should I approach this without blowing it? What should I do to not fuck this up?

I texted her back after she texted me but I kept em short and sweet and didn't get carried away with em because I remember what happened last time. The last potential girlfriend blew me off because I got excited and called her too many times after she said she would go on a date with me.

2. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

who gives a shit what they think. ask her out, get your company sued.

just tell her not to tell anyone. and you stfu about it too, dont tell ppl

3. Yardsale

Yardsale OT Supporter

do it on the sly.

4. registeredPORK

registeredPORK Happy Poo Poo

Aren't you a married man? I don't understand why you would cheat on your wife if she's been faithful to you.

If you're not married, I wouldn't still do it. Work and relationships don't go well together and from an observation stand-point, people who I've worked with that have gone out with co-workers tend to go sour in the end. Yay for retail jobs, right?

Just get ready for rumors and etc...

5. Yuppy

if you have half a brain you can pull this one off easy. but more than likely, with all this gossip going on already @ work, everyone will know the next day.

6. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Bolded part reeks of high school, italicized part is a conflict of interest. I'd recommend letting this one go...getting your work situation fucked up by gossip and drama isnot a good idea.

7. Yuppy

if its high school, id definately say the opposite, go for it, dont regret it later in life.

8. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

Unfortunately ethics can be costly. You have a complex situation if you say yes, and a disappointing one if you say no.

Personally I would agree. Unless you like drama. :o

Quit, or fire her. I really can't tell you what to do.

Yeah, the whole leg humping thing doesn't go over well with women. Try to avoid that in the future.

9. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

my friend once said: Don't eat where you shit.

If you value your job... it could make your job life VERY hard if you manage to fuck up this relationship :o

I know this from experience.

10. Arclight

Arclight Hypercube

Don't shit where you eat?

:mamoru:

11. Yuppy

It wont make anything hard if you value your job.... if you go about it in a mature fashion and dont cheat on the woman and just break up or decide you arent right for each other afrer a few shags, she will walk by you and think 'why did i do that" and you will walk by like "fuck yea i hit that"

dont automatically dismiss this. your job, especially some shitty job in high school, is not your life. you need to be going out and at least getting some from some girls... either way, when you turn 18, you will prolly be gonig to college, or she will, and your relationship, if not over before that, will end.

12. jonno

jonno New Member

i dated/fucked a girl when i was her boss. we're not together anymore and we still work together. no problems other than some other people at work at a few laughs :o

13. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

Are there any legal issues that could arise possibly?

14. Yuppy

sure, theres tons, but not all would work.

if you keep your fucking mouth shut and let HER tell everyone, she could never sue anyone.

unless you start harassing her at work (slapping her ass, etc.)

15. jonno

jonno New Member

i dont think so. company policy was that they strongly discourage it and if it becomes a problem 1 employee may be asked to transfer or quit