LGBT A Gay James Bond??

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by CoCo, Jul 8, 2004.

1. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

[​IMG]

A new comedy that makes James Bond gay has been given the green light, with Hollywood actor Brendan Fraser being lined up for the lead role.

"Gay Secret Agent" is currently being lined up as a new spin on both the 007 and Austin Powers franchises, and the producers admit it will be a "very silly" film.

"He is the best secret agent in the world, and being gay helps him in the job, because he is charming and well-mannered, a great dancer and an impeccable dresser," producer Jennifer Todd told Variety magazine.

"Brendan met on the project and did the character in the room, and we were all very impressed. We are shooting for a very broad, silly comedy," she added.

The news follows out British actor Rupert Everett jettisoning his plans for a gay James Bond earlier this year, claiming he "would rather play it straight anyway."

He added that "they would burn down MGM if they got a gay actor to play James Bond". "I think in a trophy business, you can maybe be black but you can't, definitely not yet, be gay," he said.

2. CoCo

From Planet Out...

Brendan Fraser's queer "Secret"

Will he look as good in a James Bond-style tuxedo as he did in his "George of the Jungle" loincloth? That's the real question to be answered when Brendan Fraser steps into the role of "Gay Secret Agent." Currently in negotiations to star, Fraser may well be the next "Austin Powers," one with a distinct twist in the "shagging" department. And speaking of Powers, that franchise's producers, Suzanne and Jennifer Todd, are also the ones behind this espionage spoof written by "Saturday Night Live" alum Brad Hall and Andrew Gottlieb. Translation: Expect lots of broad, silly riffing on gay stereotypes, so keep your sense of humor tuned to Lowest Common Denominator. Meanwhile, Romeo wants to know how much male eye-candy of the Bond Girl variety will make it to the final cut.

3. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

i dont know if i should cheer you go girl or go :ugh: in disgust over hollywood ridiculing gay stereotypes.

Furthermore, i don't think i'd have the balls to even go see a movie like that. Me = movie homophobe

4. CoCo

5. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

hopefully his character won't be some prancing queen with a lisp. Even though the movie could help bring gays into the media, that kind of attention would be the negative stereotyping type rather than the helpful enlightening type.

6. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

Who says James Bond isn't bi? Although he has a small gun :ugh:

With that said, this is going to be such a flop. :rofl:

7. bioyuki

bioyuki Ich habe Angst

8. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

My thoughts exactly.

9. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

:werd: