SRS A friend of mine just passed away!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by spencedawg82, Jun 27, 2007.

1. spencedawg82

spencedawg82 New Member

My friend Mindy just passed away, She has had cancer for awhile now. She was diagnosed with Mesenchymal Chondrosarcoma back in high school. She moved down to LA with her family a few years ago, but still came up to visit when she was feeling up to it. The last few times she was in town I was busy and never hung out with her. I guess I just assumed there would be other times to hang out. Well a few months ago it got really bad and she was parlized from the chest down. It got to the point that it was so bad that everytime she cried she would get a nose bleed. I feel like such an asshole for not visiting while she was in town, or at least driving down to see her. Mindy was the kind of person that no matter what was bothering her she would always put on a smile and make your day that much brighter. She never really talked about her cancer, cause she didn't want other people to feel uncomfortable. She just wanted to have fun and everyone around her to have fun. RIP MINDY YOU WILL BE MISSED! :wtc:

Cliffs: friend had cancer in highschool, died last night. I feel like an ass for not spending more time with her.

[​IMG]

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I'm very sorry. My best friend passed away 2 years ago and it still hurts me all the time. It's a hard thing to get over, especially when it's a good person like you say she is. And while it is easy to beat yourself up for not going and seeing her you can't let yourself do that because it will never solve anything. The best thing you can do is remember her fondly and appreciate that she no longer has to go through such pain.

3. spencedawg82

spencedawg82 New Member

Yeah it's just sad that such a great person had to go through so much!

4. bigballofyarn

bigballofyarn OT Supporter

Try not to feel guilty about not spending as much time with her as you may have wanted. You had high hopes and a somewhat misconception that she was going to be around much longer. It may also be tied into a bit of denial of what was happening to her, and you refusing to accept that her time was soon coming. Most people do not want to see their friends/family in such a bad state. Do not feel badly about it, especially since it's in the past, and you cannot change it. I'm sure she knows how much you cared about her and is NOT holding anything against you.

I am very sorry for your loss, and I hope you can learn to find inner peace. Your friend seems like an amazing person and I am sure (no matter what your afterlife beliefs are) that she is being rewarded for her excellence on earth.

5. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

You never know when death will show it's ugly face, but when it does, do NOT get discouraged. You have to live strong.

In the words of Nikki Giovanni:

We are sad today, and we will be sad for quite a while. We are not moving on, we are embracing our mourning. We are strong enough to stand tall tearlessly, we are brave enough to bend to cry, and we are sad enough to know that we must laugh again.

6. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

:hug: Prayers and love to you, your friend and all who loved her :hug:

7. spencedawg82

spencedawg82 New Member

Thanks everyone! All of your kind words have really helped me out today! :hug: I know that Mindy is up in heaven or wherever we end up knowing that she had people that cared for her. :angel:

8. spencedawg82

spencedawg82 New Member

The following poem gave Mindy the strength to start a new day. She read this daily before she left her room.

Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole.
    I thank whatever Gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud,
    Under the bludgeonings of chance.
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.
    Beyond this place of wrath and tears
    Looms but the horror of the shade,
    And yet the menace of the years
    Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.
    It matters not how straight the gate,
    How changed with punishments the scroll.

I am a master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

~William Ernest Henley~

9. seejay

seejay New Member

I'm really sorry to hear that. It will get better with time.

10. spencedawg82

spencedawg82 New Member

Thanks seejay!

11. teo

teo . => ? => !

She lives on in the hearts and minds of you and the others that cared for her. Don't feel guilty about things you cannot change. Cherish your memories instead.