A&P A friend of mine is writing some software for web photo hosting for wires services...

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by CornUponCob, Apr 11, 2007.

1. CornUponCob

CornUponCob New Member

And other time-dependant photo industries. I'm helping him out by rebuilding my photo gallery using his software, and giving him feedback. Any bugs or problems I find, he can usually fix within an hour. He plans to go public with it next week ($10 per month for the basic user).

The basic premise of the software is that you can throw JPEGs at it through FTP, and as long as you filled it the "headline" field for the IPTC settings the software will automatically generate (or place) categories and sets for your photos. There's a bunch of other crap that it can do. Anyway, I've got about 2400 pictures from this past school year (Aug 2006 to present) up, and I figured I'd let OT have a look.

I'm only uploading ~ 200 kb files to shorten upload times. This is why I needed to batch resize all those images a few days ago

http://sammorgan.solo.photocore.us/sets/

Do keep in mind, this software is still in Beta and is being updated hourly.

And yes, this is somewhat of an "advertising" post, sorry, but I'm proud of this software and I think it's very powerfull. It's being used by US presswire currently. Here's the main webpage.

http://www.photocore.us/

2. CornUponCob

CornUponCob New Member

Ohhh yeah, and a test for external linking

[​IMG]

3. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

I use coppermine on my personal site whats the advantages of this software over that?

4. CornUponCob

CornUponCob New Member

Not sure... I spent about 10 min reading coppermine stuff. They probably do very similar things.

5. SkyAce2004

SkyAce2004 New Member

manface

6. NJGuy

NJGuy "Fuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmef uckmefuckmefuckmefuckm OT Supporter

Is 20 pound for the weight like 30 pounds if a guy lifts?
    No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds? Thanks.

7. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

Does the $10/mo include hosting too? Not bad I guess he should drop it a few bucks though you can find reliable hosting for $6-7/mo these days :hs:

8. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

man shoulders... she'd break me :rofl:

9. CornUponCob

CornUponCob New Member

Yeah, $10 per month includes hosting. Currently it's :unlimited transfer: and :unlimited storage: