LGBT A friend of mine is Gay

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by TheNewMonaro, Jul 17, 2004.

1. TheNewMonaro

TheNewMonaro New Member

So anyway, I've known this girl since I was 16 (20 now)... about a year ago after I get back from overseas she announces she's decided she's gay.. no real suprise to me to be honest.

The only problem I have now is I think that some of her friends are actually trying to turn her away from her old friends. I barely see her now as she has decided to hang around with only other gay girls. I just think that she has allowed herself to be manipulated a little, alot of her friends are stereotypical lesbians that have virtually admitted disliking males, the couple of times we have seen them they've basically given us the cold shoulder.

I think at the base of the matter is that my friends friends think that my mates and I are likely to have a problem with them due to the group they've tried to put us in mentally. Basically we go camping and have big fires... we drink beer, we're into cars and boats that go fast and we like to chase girls.

Basically my question is how do you think we can keep our link with our friend given her new friends basically dislike us.

2. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

Have you talked to her about it? If she has known you for that long, she obviously puts at least some value on your friendship. She might not even realise she is doing it, especially if you were overseas for awhile.

3. mamoru

mamoru New Member

My vote goes to talk with her about it. Take her out for a cup of coffee, and tell her something along the lines of "You know, we've been friends for so long, and lately, I'm so glad you've been making new friends, but I've been feeling a bit neglected lately, specifically because I'm under the impression that your new friends don't like me that much"

or something like that...then see where the conversation goes!

4. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

I'll also vote for the discussion..

5. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

Just don't tell her to get in a kitchen! BAD IDEA!

6. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

:naughty: