SRS A friend needs help...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by verbal, Dec 14, 2008.

1. verbal

verbal Active Member

I recently caught up with a friend after three years. Long story short, he's extremely paranoid. He keeps talking about these two girls-- one being his exgirlfriend, one being some other girl that his family knows well.

He's told me how he keeps seeing the ex in different places. For example, two weeks ago we went to a club. He never said anything to me about seeing her at the club on that day, but a few weeks later he's telling me how he saw her there. Which I really doubt.

I could tell a few more stories. I would really like to try to get him help, but I'm not sure how to go about it without him turning against me. Any recommendations?

2. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

If he's not even aware of any obvious symptoms, and thinks what he's experiencing is totally normal, then there isn't much you can do.

If his behavior begins to impact the quality of the lives around him, or he does anything illegal as a result of his behavior, then go from there.

3. 7960

7960 New Member

#1. tell his family.

4. verbal

verbal Active Member

I never talk to his family, but I think they might know. Some of the things he's told me make it seem like his mother knows, but I'm not sure if she realizes how serious it is.

5. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

How severe is it? From the first post I gathered he just had mild or moderate Schizophrenic like behavior. But if it's interfering with his quality of life or seems like it could be damaging, then alert his parents but make sure to do it anonymously, and let them handle it from there.