A&P A few shots from this weekend

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by QWIKSNK, Jul 14, 2008.

1. QWIKSNK

QWIKSNK New Member

Spent saturday at barr lake, spent most the day trying to get lucky/close enough to the hawks, and about 2 hours searching for the bald eagle nest there (finally found it, but it was empty at the time, I think I saw them way off in the distance, defiantly could hear them screeching though :hs:

I didn't come up with anything real great, I had a few shots (not posted) which would have been great, but the lighting was wrong (sun directly in front of me)

Anyways, I had a lot of fun, and learned how to use my 100-400 a bit better :wiggle:

1. Great Horned owl

[​IMG]

2. I really liked the action in this shot, but disappointed I cut the ones wings off, and I think its a little underexposed (tried brightening it up a bit, but the background gets to bright, and takes away from it I think)

[​IMG]

3. American White Pelican (for those of you who dont know, we have them in CO, I didn't believe it at first, but they are everywhere)

[​IMG]

4. I love the pose

[​IMG]

I have a few landscapes from today at RMNP but I need to go through them, and im a bit tired (and really sunburnt :hsd: ) Ill post em tomorrow

C&C always welcome

2. isaac86hatch

isaac86hatch This thread sucks

Kinda meh, but they are birds and bird photography is about as exciting as watching paint dry for me.

3. kristin

kristin my dog > *

I love #4's pose :rofl: :rofl:

4. QWIKSNK

QWIKSNK New Member

yea, they aren't the greatest, but the lake I went to had a TON of them, I really just wanted to go out and use my new lens :wiggle:

Today my sister and I went up to emerald lake (in RMNP). It was her choice this weekend, it is one we went to like 12 years ago when we visited CO, wayyy to many tourists. Im workin on a few of the landscapes from today, but the sun was harsh (we were there from like noon-4pm) and I don't have a CPL for my 77mm's yet (top on my list to buy!)