A few questions

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by seven, Aug 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seven

seven New Member

yes... i did do a search before posting.

info: 20 years old, started lifting first time in my life about 7 weeks ago. I am ~5'5. I was ~150 with a belly then, am ~158 with no belly now. I wokout everyday. I am clean bulking.

Questions:
    background: I know some musles need time to rest, but i do situps everyday. Ive noticed my upper abs coming along nicely, but nothing lower. B/c of this i am moving my ab workout up a level. I will be doing atleast 100 situps, obliques, and as many hanging knee rasies i can everywork out now.
    Q: Do my abs need rest to develop? Is this over kill?

background: I have been clean bulking for a month now, i make sure i eat at least 4K cals a day, and will probibly change to 4.5K this week. My goal is 175LB, 15 Lbs away. I'm in no hurry, and want to gain only muslce. I know if i start Dirty Bulking i will gain weight faster.
    Q: What are the difference in dirty and clean bulking, i hear it's just better to go with dirty and workout fat you gain.

background: I take whey protein for extra protein, about 50 g a day from the powder. Total i get from 180-210 g ever day.
    Q: Is there problem with uping my protein form powder to over 100 g, making this my primary source of protein?
    i searched the best i could for these answers, if they have been posted, please direct me to them. If you think you can help, i'd like to hear what you have to say.

I know these are pretty specific questions, and a long read, so i'm guessing this probibly won't get too many replies, fine by me, it was worth a shot.

2. mg

mg OT Supporter

Questions:
    background: ... I will be doing atleast 100 situps, obliques, and as many hanging knee rasies i can everywork out now.
    Q: Do my abs need rest to develop? Is this over kill?[/QUOTE]

100 situps, obliques, knee raises aren't enough... for your numbers (height/weight), you need to be targeting the 650-850 repetition zone.

3. disblohs

disblohs I can't shake this little feeling I'll never get a

don't be a shithead

4. mg

mg OT Supporter

:mamoru:

5. Zika

Zika My avatar is still NOT me

If you're getting the protein from whey it might even be more beneficial, as whey is a complete protein as it contains all the amino acids you're body needs from diet

6. transistor

transistor Well-Known Member

arnold says calves and abs can be worked out every day

7. seven

seven New Member

yeah i hear that, but as this thread demonstrates some say that they can't. I'm very unclear on the matter. that qoute is probly gonna prompt me to start doing my calves everyday now.

8. incubimmer

incubimmer New Member

most people will tell you you need to rest any muscle after you work it out (me included) id treat abs and calves like any other muscle just in case, no sense in essentially losing muscle mass from overworking.

9. WPInerd

WPInerd New Member

see when it comes to abs, you can go alot of ways, and depending on the person they will tell you something different:

1. You can do 100s of repititions everyday
    2. you can do hundreds of repetitions every other day or after two days rest
    3. you can do controlled and shorter repetitions every day
    4. you can do controlled and shorter repetitions every other day.

i would go with number 4, but that is just me becuase it has been working for me, other people have said that my method is wrong, and other methods have been working for them...so try some out and see what you like best'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.