a few questions ... RE: My new car.

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by ace3, Dec 9, 2004.

1. ace3

ace3 mouthify my wang.

1. I need to get some paint. I want to paint the center tunnel on the inside, and i also have two tiny rock chips. I have found the code to be "Saffron Yellow B106". Now, what do I do with this number? Do I just take it down to a paint joint and have 'em mix up a quart? Can I buy it online?

2. I have a clear bra (Starshield) installed. When I go to wax the car, do I wax over the entire Starshield as well?

3. Any suggestions for a temporary "leaving it in my garage for 4 months" wax/polish?

4. I have some VERY light surface scratches from the 2000 mile journey. Any recommendations on a sort of polishing compound?

I haven't been into the 'detailing scene' for so long, 'cause I havent' had a car in ~3 years worthy of anything more than a pressure washer. ;)

2. Robb

Robb Guest

1. Ill let someone else tackle this one, never dealt w/ actually painting a car.
    2. You can and should wax over the clearbra
    3.If you plan to leave it in your garage over the winter? i would imagine any wax could stand up to that, it wont be exposed to any enviromental damage save dust, and i think any wax could last 4 months under those conditions.
    4.I would reccomend trying Menzerna Final Polish II, you probably wont be able to find it locally, but it can be purchased on Autopia
    This product does a awesome job at removing light swirls, it also would increase the gloss immensely.

Welcome to the detailing scene, its highly addictive. If you would like to read up, here is some really great info.
    Modern Car Care

3. iLLt3ck

iLLt3ck OT Supporter

I wouldn't recommend getting the touch-up mixed locally. The dealer sells them so you may want to contact them and have some shipped out to you. I just picked up some touch-up for my mazda 3 and it was $6 for a good amount of paint.

4. ace3

ace3 mouthify my wang.

Thanks! :bigthumb:

Any online 'stores' you guys recommend? i'm in dire need of some new towels & bonnets for my Makita.

5. ace3

ace3 mouthify my wang.

I called autostrada - they don't have any. :o

6. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

www.autopia.org

Good online store and tons of info. Go through the product list here too. Buy the touch up paint from the dealer.

7. Robb

Robb Guest

Autopia
    is by far the best online store, great products and wonderful customer service.