A few questions about polish, and applicators

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Bavarian3, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Bavarian3

Bavarian3 OT Supporter

I have a dark blue BMW 318i, i was looking at this http://www.topoftheline.com/s100motorcyclewax.html website to buy s100 from and some other goodies, is this a good website to buy from or is there cheaper prices on other places?I would like to buy everything from there if possible if not its ok.
    I hear the waffle weave towel is great for drying cars, anyone use these and have any comments on it? Also what kind of towel should i get for applying wax and polish and what should i get for buffing. Im going to be doing it by hand.
    I also need to know what kind of polish to get for my car, im confused on if polish is just swirl remover or if it is for shining or what. some polishes also say they are polishes and wax, so im a bit confused on which one to buy. I want my paint to have that deep wet look.
    thanks in advance..any help would be appreciated.

2. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Check the Product List for polishes. You should be using a foam pad for wax and polish and a folded terrycloth towel for swirl removers and heavier cut polishes. MF towels are great for buffing product off, WW MFs are even better if you can afford them. :hs:

3. Ballast

Ballast Cold Heartless Bastard

For S100 wax, use the applicator that comes with it. I noticed a HUGE difference in the way the wax went on and came off (due to the amount I was able to put on) with the applicator that came with it.

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

The product list will really answer a lot of your questions since it breaks down compounds, polishes, glazes, etc. Top of the Line is a good place to buy from, so is Autogeek and also the online store at www.autopia.org ...which is a website you really should join. The e-book is worth the download and will really give you a lot of insight into detailing. The detailing and autopia university forums are also great to go through.

S100 is a great looking wax, but Meguiars #16 Pro Paste Wax looks very similar and is more durable. Cheaper too.