A&P A few pics from today, C&C please

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by QWIKSNK, Jun 22, 2008.

1. QWIKSNK

QWIKSNK New Member

took a 9 mile hike to Sandbeach Lake in Rocky Mountain National Park today. I didnt take a whole lot of pictures because I was having a hard time keeping my breath and was just dead tired. I wish we would have seen more wildlife, but we started at noon, and finished at about 6.

1. We stopped and filled our water bottles out of this creek, delicious water

[​IMG]

2. Finally at the lake

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mooingmooseman

mooingmooseman New Member

1. that shutter speed effect is a little too much for me...

2. impressive! looks crooked... no idea why since it's all slopes and natural but -shrug- i'm wondering how you got that sky exposed so well though [while still keeping the foreground exposed]. i've been having a lot of problems with that...

3. less well done than 2.... you lost the foreground here. i don't think it's my monitor but.. i can barely see anything on that entire bottom left half. that sky looks suspiciously blue too, lol. polarizer? photoshop? i'm interested about your sky =)

4. the best out of your animal bunch i think. not sure about those colors but i think the composition is great.

5,6. nothing really catches my eye in these. a lot of it is burned out, leaving colors washed out... yellow/brown/tan surroundings didn't help the situation.

3. QWIKSNK

QWIKSNK New Member

for the sky, I was using a polarizer, not much done in photoshop, just a little contrast, and some vibrance and saturation (I think I might have done a bit too much in 4, but the colors just looked so blah originally, but i really liked the composition)

#2, I caught the sun behind the clouds, so it helped the lighting even out

also, with #3, the foreground seems to look fine on my monitor, the bottom left does look a bit darker than everything else though

4. QWIKSNK

QWIKSNK New Member

here is #4 again, the WB was off a bit

[​IMG]

5. mooingmooseman

mooingmooseman New Member

ahh i see, i really like the colors of the sky. and i guess it's just my monitor for 3? not sure (too lazy to look at levels haha, heading off to bed). thanks for the tip, good pictures

6. kristin

kristin my dog > *

Love #4

7. QWIKSNK

QWIKSNK New Member

here is 3 again, added a little fill light, and a tiny bit of brightness (i think the original looks better on my monitor, we will see what the rest of OT thinks)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  8. Hyperite

Hyperite Vagina Junction OT Supporter

Mountain looks washed out, i like the original better, and combining exposures might be even better....

9. QWIKSNK

QWIKSNK New Member

I still dont really have the hang of this combining exposure thing, do you just use HDR? Every time I do one, the whole picture looks washed out (even when I convert to 8bit and adjust it)