A&P A few pics from a Mitsubishi EVO shoot

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Tikigod, Jun 23, 2004.

1. Tikigod

Tikigod New Member

Took some pics of a friends EVO a few days ago - I think a few came out pretty good

full gallery can be seen here
    EVO Photoshoot

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

all shots were taken with the Canon Digital Rebel and the kit lens.
    any critiques or opinions are always welcome

2. HPS

HPS I'm not fat, I'm poofy... :fawk:

#1- Awesome!
    #2- Do you use Photoshop for pics with "xxx" in clor, and the rest in B&W? I love that style, no clue how to do it... ;)

3. XtremeSaturn

XtremeSaturn New Member

You can use the laso tool to select the area you want in color and then just invert the selection so you have the area you want in B&W selected and just desaturate it. Thats what I do :dunno:

4. XtremeSaturn

XtremeSaturn New Member

Nice shots...composition and color seem to be great ?(at least on the ones you kept most of the color :) ) And people say the kit lens is shit

The only thing I have to say is the 4th one down needs to be rotated a tad counter clockwise.

5. Jcolman

Jcolman OT Supporter

Great shots. It's nice to see some car pics taken by someone with some skillz. Notice guys how he took the time to find a great background (the rocks) that doesn't compete with the car. I love the grey rocks as a textured background. He also picked the best time of day (dusk, late afternoon) to shoot the pics so he doesn't have direct sunlight hitting the car. The ambiant light is soft and the sky is reflected in the windows. He also framed the shots in interesting ways. My only complaint is that the front license plate spoils the last shot. However, all and all, a nice job!

6. Z.

Z. _____

Nice work -- I like these a lot. Only complaint is that some of them appear too heavily saturated after you removed the color from the background. Did the originals appear that saturated, or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

7. Merli

Merli gplus.to/merli OT Supporter

Very nice :)

Someone's gone overboard with the saturation ;)

8. rdelar03

rdelar03 Guest

nice pictures

9. Tikigod

Tikigod New Member

yeah I played with saturation some - the drab conditions and lack of light really didnt lend itself well to showing off that shade of yellow so I had to "correct" a little. For most of the shots (i shot in RAW) i would expose one for the car, and one for the rest of the shot and then blend them together - From there as almost an afterthought I added some adjustment layers and made them black and white (i dont like de-saturate seems to keep things too flat) and added contrast to the black and white background.

Thanks for the comments, this was my first "paid" shoot, hopefully more to come, just trying to build up a portfolio in hopes of one day "making it"
    Thanks

10. ProgWRX

ProgWRX Citizen Dildo

:werd:

11. dmora

dmora Guest

One thing you could to to make the pix 100% bad ass, would be to do the black and white conversion to glass and reflective surfaces like the wing so that they dont show up as blue, but still have a reflection.

12. creep

creep Guest

Man the Rebel just keeps looking better and better day by day... :drool: :yum:

13. sirthumpsalot

sirthumpsalot Down for the count

Missed some desaturation in front of the license plate, but :cool: