A&P A Few Photos

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Maud'dib, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Maud'dib

Maud'dib It's always summer on the inside...

I've never done much photography, haven't taken any classes or anything (though I'd like to), and have just recently been getting into it more. Anyways, a few photos from the past year, just curious what you guys think, what you like and don't like, maybe some pointers? Oh, all done with my old A40.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

resized to 800 by 600

Last edited: Jan 26, 2005
  2. sony

sony Active Member

I like the firs tone, but I think it'd be better if you got closer a bit more or rotated the camera a bit to the right where you wouldn't have the buildings (just turltle and the trees or whatever behind it). The DOF kind of bugs me too. .. I think it'd be better more shallow, but that sjust my opinion. :o

3. ElDude

ElDude Hiya!

I like the one with the hut in the background. Nice feeling of solitude.

4. MelloBoy

MelloBoy New Member

lots of nice shots :) here's 2 things i can comment on.

the one with the snow is a toughie...usually if you have a shot with more than i think 3 stops different, it's hard to get a good shot. and as you can see, the snow is overexposed. what you might do is expose for the snow and take a picture...everything else would be dark. then expose for the rest of the stuf and take a picture...everything would look normal, but the snow would look bright white like your picture. scan them in and overlay them in photoshop.

for the one with the house I would have used a warming filter. notice how the background is kinda blue? a warming filter would have neutralized that (or a warming filter macro in photoshop) and created a much gentler tone.

also, you can use photoshop to remove haze if you don't have a haze filter. go into unsharp mask....and i THINK i use the following 3 values: 20, 60, 4...but it might be off a bit. you can apply that mask 2 times if it doesn't cause the picture to look too artificial.

is this from an analog camera? if so which film did you use? the color saturation for the majority of the pictures is VERY nice :) Fuji velvia?

MelloBoy